Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   DNA Builds (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   dna 60's style new model (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5681)

jones 1st July 2016 19:32

Nice... can't wait to see the finished article

tricky360 4th July 2016 16:55

1 Attachment(s)
Dash

tricky360 4th July 2016 16:56

1 Attachment(s)
Another view

Lord Treganna 4th July 2016 17:34

Wowed. Good work. Could we see a head-on closeup, please?

jones 5th July 2016 09:43

You have always been good at interior conversions, however this for me is just great!!

smash 6th July 2016 21:05

Forget vinyl covered bits of alloy - that's how you do it. Looks brilliant!

Danny_HUFC 7th July 2016 16:18

Will the interior pack be available for to buy seperate if you havnt bought a dna kit?

smash 7th July 2016 17:31

I asked Brian at Stone Leigh - the answer is no and totally justified to be fair. He's protecting his customers investment whilst ensuring DNAs products have additional desirability and thus ultimately protecting resale values. Admirable stance.

Danny_HUFC 8th July 2016 07:33

Yeah i thought that would be the case. I built a ferrari 360 replica about 10 years ago and asked about door cards and fake engine etc as the company i got my kit from didnt make them. I got the same answer!

tricky360 15th July 2016 17:28

1 Attachment(s)
Door cards so far
The handle hole can be used or when we do the fake window winder that's electrically operated it will cover it or the door opener , I can't remember which goes where now !

tricky360 4th August 2016 06:07

feature in this months kitcar magazine out on Friday

ferrep63 4th August 2016 13:24

1 Attachment(s)
seen this on dnac !Attachment 3819

smash 5th August 2016 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by tricky360 (Post 81592)
feature in this months kitcar magazine out on Friday

Great feature! Car looks a million (£48k?) dollars :)

Slightly over effusive write up c/w that author's previous outings (could he be angling for something? :p ) - although having seen it in real life you can't argue.

And with the obviously less accurate Modena (Bueller) reps changing hands at £75k http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C772541 the 2fifty looks to have a great future.

Spooky that the guestimate resale value came up considering the other DNA has just gone to market on ebay.

Real shame they felt the need to run the narcissistic back page article after everything had settled - it'll only serve to reinforce everyone's views, whichever side of the fence they were on. :(

ferrep63 16th August 2016 17:59

sold

Danny_HUFC 13th September 2016 05:05

What did it sell for?

DNA AUTOMOTIVE 13th September 2016 06:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny_HUFC (Post 82814)
What did it sell for?

Hi Danny ....Mike sold the car for £45k, he at the moment
has one at the paintshop and fitting a body on another,
Bloody quick worker, we dont turn them around that
quick. !!!

ferrep63 13th September 2016 16:22

hi danny,yes the one on ebay went for 45k.and since my mates seen mine in paint hes just gone out and bought a 3.0ltr z3 and is stripping it in october to do one.looks like there will be a good turn out of them at the shows next year.brian from DNA took one to a classic car show this summer and it went down a storm.

tricky360 8th October 2016 13:00

1 Attachment(s)
Got the prototype rear light , they will be in red when there in production
Another item to make it more authentic

Jaguartvr 8th October 2016 17:19

That will make all the difference, whenever I look at the rear I think MGB, it may be because I owned one but this will make it so much better.
I was looking at the advert on Ebay for the one that just sold and two things came to mind. Firstly there is a picture of the rear end with the lights on, the rear numberplate lights clearly shine on the bodywork well below the numberplate, the bumper looks to be too low.
The second thing was that although it looks very nice not to have a join showing on the sill, it may be a good idea to have a join under the front of the door. That way the front clamshell could be removed for major engine work. If the cars are going to sell for these sort of sums they will be around for a long time so future maintenance needs to be as accessible as possible.

Great work:peace:

tricky360 12th October 2016 18:07

1 Attachment(s)
Rear lights are now in red
Got wider rear alloys fitted today also , so a bit more grip on the road and more stability
Also got my Ferrari badges on