Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Italian Replica builds and chat (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Rawlson 250 LM Replicar (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6127)

Paul Bull 14th October 2016 14:45

Rawlson 250 LM Replicar

1 Attachment(s)
I am trying to find out more about the Rawlson 250 LM Replica that was produced based upon humble VW Beetle chassis and running gear.

A picture of a car appeared on a car forum with a registration of NHS 956L in 2009 at The Detling Kit car show and DVLA currently show this car as SORN.

There appears to have been only a handful of cars/kits produced over its history since 1972-1990 and the whereabouts of the moulds unknown. The brand changed hands a number of times during its history.

Does anyone know of the owner of NHS 956L.

redratbike 14th October 2016 16:13

Have you checked dvla site to see if it still exists?

Paul Bull 14th October 2016 16:41

Yes it is on SORN

bladerunner 15th October 2016 22:15

I seem to remember this kit being advertised by a company called CASCU who also make Dino and Berkeley bodyshells. They have a facebook page. If I remember right they advertised two versions of the 250LM

Paul Ironmonger 29th June 2017 00:51

4 Attachment(s)
Hi Paul,

I am the owner of the Rawlson 250 LM you are talking about. It has an MOT and is taxed, insured and running!
It now looks a bit different to the photo of it in 2009, it has a Subaru engine fitted now, new wing mirrors and a few other minor changes.

Best regards, Paul.

Paul Ironmonger 29th June 2017 00:55

Hi Paul,
Penny just dropped, we spoke on the phone Saturday! I watched your Rawlson on eBay. I think the gearbox issue hurt it, so I hope you decide to keep it and get the gears sorted out.
Best regards, Paul.

redratbike 29th June 2017 06:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by bladerunner (Post 83613)
I seem to remember this kit being advertised by a company called CASCU who also make Dino and Berkeley bodyshells. They have a facebook page. If I remember right they advertised two versions of the 250LM

They still list it on there website

Paul Bull 1st July 2017 10:30

Rawlson-Replicar LM250

2 Attachment(s)
The ebay auction was successful in locating NHS 956L and Paul the owner has advised that it now has a Subaru engine installed with 3-4 times the original power.

Mark at CASU has two sets of moulds he purchased from Tiger Racing. The 2+2 LM250 and also a 2 seater LM164, there was some development done with an Alfa Romeo mid mounted engine of which I believe only one car was produced.

So far there are two in the Uk, one in Belgium and one in Holland and all in various forms of modification although mine is the original demonstrator and relatively stock VW Beetle.
The car makes a striking pose when seen and although rare/exclusive, its not clear if this attracts any added value, but could be a future kit car/replica classic?

Unless I can attract any reasonable offers, I will keep the car, as its far too good to consider any ridiculous offers even accepting that I have spent more money restoring the car than it is currently worth?

redratbike 1st July 2017 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Bull (Post 89151)

Mark at CASU has two sets of moulds he purchased from Tiger Racing. The 2+2 LM250 and also a 2 seater LM164,

Any pics to compare the 2 different models ?????