Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Italian Replica builds and chat (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   All Aluminium 1957 250 Testarossa (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6588)

Lucky@LeMans 6th January 2019 20:56

4 Attachment(s)
Now that I've established that mechanically everything works I'll be refitting the front body work. One little job I've completed today is to design and manufacture a reliable throttle linkage for the 38 DGAS carb. The offerings online in most cases leave a lot to be desired, too flimsy and pulling the cable at funny angles. This one is 3mm and 5mm plate, the end result should be reliable as the cable is pulled straight at all throttle openings. This is also backed up with a hefty return spring which is must in my books. I once had a Rover V8 jam open at maximum revs, its no joke !

Lucky@LeMans 8th January 2019 20:37

Tonight I managed to get the front end back on. I'm in the process of fixing it all down for the last time. By the end of the week I hope to have the doors refitted and gapped up along with a few tidy up jobs on the rear section. There is a little more panelling to do but nothing too taxing.

JJMCD 9th January 2019 03:21

Very exciting! Please post some pics!

Lucky@LeMans 9th January 2019 22:31

Photos to follow ! Not done much today other than the return edges of the scuttle panel in the cockpit. I've also spent a bit of time on the front wings and nose getting a respectable finish on the aluminium surface. Coarse wire wool followed by green scotch bright. Its coming up a lovely smooth satin silver.

Lucky@LeMans 14th January 2019 17:50

I've had the rear end off to complete a few little jobs. I've made the rear exhaust supports and welded them into position. Just about ready to refit the rear end now. I'll then be able to complete the inner arches and the aluminium panel work in the boot area. The rear lights, number plate light are ready to fit and connect up. Getting close !

Paul L 15th January 2019 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans (Post 98501)
Photos to follow !

Liar!

Liar!

Pants on fire!

:icon_wink:

Lucky@LeMans 15th January 2019 19:56

The rear end is now back on for the final time. The rear lights are fitted, just sorting the final position for the indicators. Part of the internal panel work is done, the inner arches will be done in situ.

I want to make a start on the dash, fit the instruments,switches and start getting the wiring connected up over the next few days.

Give me 10 minutes Paul L , I'll go in the garage and get a picture just for you !

You said at the start of this thread you wouldn't hound me for updates ! Lol

Lucky@LeMans 15th January 2019 20:05

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a quick look...…. Sorry its not the best photo I've taken !

redratbike 16th January 2019 06:03

Looking good ...

froggyman 16th January 2019 09:48

That looks fantastic. You must be very proud of your achievement in bringing this project to life. Look forward to seeing some on the road pictures in the near future.

lancelot link 16th January 2019 13:21

I LIKE THAT ...Looking forward to seeing some more ...

Barber 16th January 2019 13:33

Mouth watering.

Paul L 16th January 2019 17:27

Stunning. :cool:

http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...3&d=1547586313

Lucky@LeMans 16th January 2019 21:35

Thanks for the kind comments !

The flash photo doesn't do it justice, it looks far better in the flesh ! By the end of next week I hope to have the interior largely complete and the dash fitted. I'll get it outside and take some decent photo's, weather permitting. Fitted the rear indicators in the vents, the reflectors supplied with the car are fitted between the vents and number plate recess.

Mister Towed 17th January 2019 07:11

Wow, it looked good as a pile of panels, but it's really turning into something stunning now. Can't wait to see it in the sunshine.

smash 17th January 2019 10:24

I think you should lend it to Lancelot Link for a weekend - he should be able to get any residue gel off before it comes back! :D

Jaguartvr 17th January 2019 17:59

Would make a perfect buck for a mould, could pay for itself or even turn a profit.
Would however need more pictures, lots more pictures.

keith 17th January 2019 19:35

Stunning bodywork very impressed with the shapes you have been able to form must have taken a lot of work.

Lucky@LeMans 17th January 2019 21:12

I've been getting on with the aluminium panel work. The bulk head is now sealed between the engine bay and the drivers compartment. Also fabricating the inner rear arches and fitting into position along with boxed in sections between the chassis and lower part of the doors.

Lucky@LeMans 21st January 2019 22:38

Still making panel sections, looks like I'll be buying a third sheet of 2m x1m ali sheet to complete it all ! I've got the seats back from the trim shop today, a really smart job, far better than my first efforts ! I'll post some more photo's by the end of the week.