Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tribute Automotive Builds (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Where to buy a Tribute MX250 kit in Spain? (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5905)

Cesar 28th April 2016 18:49

Where to buy a Tribute MX250 kit in Spain?

Hi!!!
I'm interested in a MX250 kit for my MX5 NB. I have sended some emails to Tribute Automotive, some private messaje in that forum and some messages by eBay. But I have not answer.

I need to know if it is possible to buy a kit sended to Spain, or if they have a dealer in Spain, or France, Belgium...
I don't understand why they don't send me an answer. :eusa_shifty:
Is Tribute Automotive working or is a closed enterprise?

Thanks for your attention!

jones 28th April 2016 19:51

Cesar, I know from history that Tribute have sent kits abroad some builds across the globe have occurred. If you take a look at the tribute useful links there are some links to threads from abroad, notably the German double build.

We are coming up to the first major kitcar show of the year so I bet that Tribute are in fact very busy in preparation for this. They certainly are still operating as a business.

Failing that you might be able to contact Richard @ Nubodi who is an official seller of the Korea and 250swb kits and might be able to help.

Do persevere and it will certainly be worthwhile.

All the best

Jaguartvr 28th April 2016 20:44

I'm sure Chris will contact you after this weekend as he will be very busy with the show. I will give him a nudge when i see him on his stand.

Cesar 28th April 2016 21:24

Thanks for your answer. Now I see that they are involved in a very important show for Tribute Automotive (in Spain it isn't announced that show because kit cars are very unusually) and then they can not send me an answer. I wait next week.

(And sorry for my bad english) :P

Very Andy 29th April 2016 08:10

Hi Cesar and welcome.

Your English is terrific, way better than my Spanish!
Look forward to seeing your build.

DSG4ME 29th April 2016 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cesar (Post 78024)
(in Spain it isn't announced that show because kit cars are very unusually)
(And sorry for my bad english) :P

It's true, kitcars in Spain are not very common. The main reason is that the ITV (Spanish MOT) are very strict. Many people have built cars and later found that they were not road legal because of some silly rule and have gone through hell and spent a lot of money just to get the car homologated and legal.

Check with your local ITV centre of what you can or can't do before you go ahead with your project.

Some people have just bought themselves a kitcar which they liked in the UK and imported it into Spain and saved themselves a lot of problems. (it has to be LHD)

Good luck with whatever you do.

Cesar 29th April 2016 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSG4ME (Post 78044)
It's true, kitcars in Spain are not very common. The main reason is that the ITV (Spanish MOT) are very strict. Many people have built cars and later found that they were not road legal because of some silly rule and have gone through hell and spent a lot of money just to get the car homologated and legal.

Check with your local ITV centre of what you can or can't do before you go ahead with your project.

Some people have just bought themselves a kitcar which they liked in the UK and imported it into Spain and saved themselves a lot of problems. (it has to be LHD)

Good luck with whatever you do.

I have spoken with a mechanical engineer and with the ITV engineer (MOP), and they say me that it isn't difficult to homologate it because whe don't touch chasis, suspension, engine, brakes, etc. But they say me than lights and mirrors must be E-marked. That isn't really a problem, Bosch, Hella, Valeo, Depo, do items E-marked that I can use for the kit.

Other kit cars as replicas of Lotus 7 are impossible to homologate individually.

And the most important: my wife say me "yes, it's a beautiful kit, you can do it" :biggrin1::biggrin1:

landmannnn 29th April 2016 19:27

Why not do what most others have done, hire a van, drive it to Bournemouth and collect it yourself?
Ok, it is a long drive for you, but a good adventure!

Psycho pops 29th April 2016 19:47

Hi Cesar, Van and ferry from Santander, won't be a long drive and make a great weekend away��

belgian2b 29th April 2016 20:05

ola Cesar,

yo vivo en Belgica.
van dos meses , me fuy a Inglaterra a buscar mi kit MX250.
Sino , tabien podian haberlo mandando por camion.
Pienso que necesitan algo como 2 mese para preparar las piezas

Dejale unos dias a Chris y seguro que te respondera.
Es un chico muy simpatico y muy attento pero tienen mucho trabajo estos dias.

Gerardo

Axel 3rd May 2016 06:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cesar (Post 78014)
Hi!!!
I'm interested in a MX250 kit for my MX5 NB. I have sended some emails to Tribute Automotive, some private messaje in that forum and some messages by eBay. But I have not answer.

I need to know if it is possible to buy a kit sended to Spain, or if they have a dealer in Spain, or France, Belgium...
I don't understand why they don't send me an answer. :eusa_shifty:
Is Tribute Automotive working or is a closed enterprise?

Thanks for your attention!

That's right, they don't answer.
I was at a business trip in Dorset/Bournemouth 2 weeks ago at AIM Altitude (aircraft cabin interiors) and wanted to take the opportunity to have a look at Tributes projects and offer them to take moulds of my Dino 206SP but couldn't get hold of them unfortunately.
I think they are a very small company with just one or two guys and too busy with daily work...too bad, could have been a good chat...anyway, you will find help here in the forum!

Danny_HUFC 6th May 2016 03:18

Hello, i live in alicante and know a lot of companies that do regular trips from the uk to spain and could collect a kit no problem for you. I spoke to a guy about building a kobra on a spanish z3 and aslong as its signed off by a mechanic and put onto the paper work it can be itvd. Its just costly.