Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tribute Automotive Builds (http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Finishing Touches to Mx 250 (http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6722)

2manytoys 8th May 2018 20:55

Finishing Touches to Mx 250
 
5 Attachment(s)
Finally fitted headlamp fairings and Raydot style mirrors (on home made plinths) and took it to Haynes Breakfast meet this Sunday.
What do you think.......Would it fetch big bucks like those advertised on ebay ?

mazdarazmataz 9th May 2018 05:29

Looks good fella, welcome to the club lol
In terms of value, well you've painted it red which certainly helps as that's what people want right?

Where in the UK are you?

Paul L 9th May 2018 06:37

2manytoys - Very nice. :cool:

http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...1&d=1525809250

Barber 9th May 2018 08:58

Sparkling example, well done.

2manytoys 9th May 2018 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazdarazmataz (Post 94840)
Looks good fella, welcome to the club lol
In terms of value, well you've painted it red which certainly helps as that's what people want right?

Where in the UK are you?

Thanks Guys, for all the encouraging comments. Great to have that feedback.
Yes seems to be the colour that people expect to see on a Fezzer..... even though i came away from the popular corsa red and went for the more "cherry"/ darker "Barchetta Rossa".

I live between Taunton n Yeovil (2 nearest bigger towns) in the South west. Anyone else local to me ?

Lucky@LeMans 9th May 2018 20:35

That looks like one of the better examples. The darker red works really well along with the period looking wheels. Well done !

2manytoys 9th May 2018 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans (Post 94860)
That looks like one of the better examples. The darker red works really well along with the period looking wheels. Well done !

Thanks for that LuckyLm. I was going for the wires but they seem to be fairly narrow (and centre spinners looked like Roman chariot weapons sticking out) and i wanted the deep dish look to mount spinners in board .
Naturally borrani were out of question.....wonder why !!. Liked the look of the American racing machines of that era; Cobra's etc , with that agressive style of wheel . Thats where my inspiration came from.

ned 11th May 2018 12:47

Nice finish , really like the wheels what make are they ?

2manytoys 11th May 2018 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by ned (Post 94890)
Nice finish , really like the wheels what make are they ?

Hi Ned, The wheels are XXR 537 from SPD. They are happy to sell you staggered offsets; so i had 15 x 8 zero offset on rear and 8 x 15 ET 20 on front.
Had 40 mm spacers machined at Freaky parts for rear and no spacers on front.

TAZ 13th May 2018 23:32

Hi, how did you go about measuring to get the right stance and hence the right spacers at the rear?

I have been struggling with this a bit and also have XXRs (530s) but have 8.25s with ET0 at the rear, so I could just take your measurements and use a 35mm spacer, but I wasn't thinking of going quite as far out as that for fear of rubbing on the wheelarch.

Would like to know how you assessed it?

2manytoys 14th May 2018 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAZ (Post 94974)
Hi, how did you go about measuring to get the right stance and hence the right spacers at the rear?

I have been struggling with this a bit and also have XXRs (530s) but have 8.25s with ET0 at the rear, so I could just take your measurements and use a 35mm spacer, but I wasn't thinking of going quite as far out as that for fear of rubbing on the wheelarch.

Would like to know how you assessed it?

Here's what i did (i am sure other guys on here , much clevererrrrr than me will have other ways). Bolted the wheel on to hub, Dropped a plumb-line from widest part of wing just above wheel opening. Using a steel rule, measured from the outer edge of rim to plumb line. Subtract 15 mm(or whatever distance/width you want to achieve; so it doesn't end up like Carlos Fandango.....Age thing lol) as tyre usually sticks out past rim.
Thats how i came up with 40mm spacer required.

smash 17th May 2018 11:06

Great looking car - not usually a fan of these but like the more street racer approach. There was a demo car for an Australian 250 rep maker that was like this (Z based). Love the wheel choice and can relate to the whole american racer thing.

Also agree the darker red is classier

Anyone know what were the wire wheels on the MX250 on Tributes homepage? Lovely dish on them but they look like knock on conversion and look uber expensive!

http://www.tributeautomotive.co.uk/i...0mainlarge.jpg

Drummajor 17th May 2018 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by smash (Post 95022)
Great looking car - not usually a fan of these but like the more street racer approach. There was a demo car for an Australian 250 rep maker that was like this (Z based). Love the wheel choice and can relate to the whole american racer thing.

Also agree the darker red is classier

Anyone know what were the wire wheels on the MX250 on Tributes homepage? Lovely dish on them but they look like knock on conversion and look uber expensive!

http://www.tributeautomotive.co.uk/i...0mainlarge.jpg

I believe the wheels are photo shopped .
They were originally the borbet style wheels, if you look closely the rear wheel is different .

terryg 1st June 2018 11:16

acrylic light cover surround
 
Hi, could you please tell me what you used for the acrylic light cover surrounds? Been looking a motorbike u channel screen edging but this looks much better! Car is mint by the way, hope mine turns out anywhere near as good! Thanks Terry

2manytoys 1st June 2018 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by terryg (Post 95336)
Hi, could you please tell me what you used for the acrylic light cover surrounds? Been looking a motorbike u channel screen edging but this looks much better! Car is mint by the way, hope mine turns out anywhere near as good! Thanks Terry

Hi Terry, thanks for such positive compliments. Well .... the headlamp fairing surrounds are a compromise as i have been trying to make them (and not giving up yet) in metal ie stainless or alloy.
Anyway whats on the car at present; I had them wrapped completely as you would mirrors etc, then trimmed by hand to what you see now ....highlighting the fairing screw areas.
Initially i tried and wanted Chrome wrap but this proved to be hard to work....get wrinkle free , so settled for silver which didn't like at first, but looks ok on the car.


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 00:40.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright Madabout Kitcars 2014