Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   DNA Builds (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   dna 60's style new model (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5681)

Roadster 4th December 2015 13:37

Thanks for the pictures Price

Its unfair to say anything at the moment.
The California shape looks a little awkward at the moment but for sure it needs its bumpers and other details added to give us a better understanding of how the finished product will look.
As you say the DNA kits always look great when they are finished so I will look forward seeing it at Stoneleigh

priceofhistoys 4th December 2015 13:46

No problem Roadster.

I agree. Before anyone jumps to conclusions about why their price is so much higher lets see it done ...lol . If I recall all of the DNA kits are pricey, but they do all seem to look the part.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadster (Post 73184)
Thanks for the pictures Price

Its unfair to say anything at the moment.
The California shape looks a little awkward at the moment but for sure it needs its bumpers and other details added to give us a better understanding of how the finished product will look.
As you say the DNA kits always look great when they are finished so I will look forward seeing it at Stoneleigh

Kit 275GTB 4th December 2015 13:51

Please do not include me in any hate, I have only just worked out who Tricky360 and Dany_HUFC might be. Sorry.

DSG4ME 4th December 2015 16:42

To be honest, I think both the DNA 2Fifty and the Tribute SWB are great looking cars (I'l have one of each ;-) ).
Its all down to individual choice and how much do you want to spend. Its a bit like choosing between an iPhone or a Sony Xperia Z5. Both are great but one is cheaper than the other.

Danny_HUFC 4th December 2015 20:37

I have no links to tribute at all. Yes i have bought kits of them etc but this opinion on the forum is mine. Nothing to do with tribute. I just think the price for the dna kit is a bit high. It doesnt matter how good the final gel coat is. Every kit needs sanding. And even the best spray shop shouldnt charge the extra £3k

priceofhistoys 5th December 2015 16:23

I have never seen either In person. I do however think that if people will pay the price DNA wants then good for them. Same goes with tribute. If they can sell a quality product at a lower price point and stay open then great for them and anyone who purchases their kits

tricky360 4th March 2016 20:16

1 Attachment(s)
First body fitted

tricky360 4th March 2016 20:21

1 Attachment(s)
Another

tricky360 4th March 2016 20:23

1 Attachment(s)
Front

smash 5th March 2016 06:32

That's how you make a kit - quality looks a world ahead of others. Yes Danny all bodies have to be sanded but it's very time consuming and almost impossible to fix symmetry issues and wrong panel positioning. Personally I wouldn't buy another tribute kit. RE price - if both companies were VAT regd then there's actually only a grand between the coupe and 2fifty which you'd save in far less prep.

Could well be my next project - looking forward to seeing at Stoneleigh.

What's the plan for finish in the bumpers?

Have you considered any solution to remove the quarter lights - it's the only detail that's wrong and then you're absolutely bang on. Expect to see loops of Ferris Bullers day off playing on the stand!

This is the car I most want to see at Stoneleigh.

DNA AUTOMOTIVE 5th March 2016 06:50

Hi smash bumpers will be finished with a special chroming process. There are a few different ways to chrome grp most of them fail miserably on durability as we have found out in the past.The same company that finishes the large jaguar cat statues for jag have been given the job.They're going to look fantastic complete with overiders too !

DNA AUTOMOTIVE 5th March 2016 07:00

The removal of the quarter lights are not on our list we've focused on easy build plenty of fixing brackets etc....we're keeping it simple!

Kit 275GTB 5th March 2016 08:37

DNA photos

3 Attachment(s)
I hope DNA will forgive me but I have used Photoshop to change the contrast on the above photos to make the detail easier to see.

DNA AUTOMOTIVE 5th March 2016 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kit 275GTB (Post 75737)
I hope DNA will forgive me but I have used Photoshop to change the contrast on the above photos to make the detail easier to see.

Sorry about the image quality. ...Thanks for doing that 275

Roadster 5th March 2016 17:22

Shaping up nicely
The bumpers really finish it.

Looking forward to seeing it in paint and chrome

Do you use extensions on the wiper spindles?

tricky360 5th March 2016 17:41

There's going to be over riders also on the bumpers

DNA AUTOMOTIVE 5th March 2016 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadster (Post 75752)
Shaping up nicely
The bumpers really finish it.

Looking forward to seeing it in paint and chrome

Do you use extensions on the wiper spindles?

We have replaced the BMW set up with a new motor/spindle mounted on a purpose made bracket which picks up existing bolting points. This set up let's you use chrome wiper arms/blades to add to the classic look.

smash 15th March 2016 12:44

Good move - looks far more original and helps hide origins too.

Roadster 16th March 2016 18:12

Any updates?
Im interested in the chrome bumpers.

Will it be fully finished at Stoneleigh?

tricky360 16th March 2016 18:25

Will be finished for stoneleigh , not the interior though , not enough time
Won't be long now !