Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miglia Builds and discussion (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Gulp, 32000 Euros Miglia.... (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4567)

tlrtone 25th October 2013 08:14

Gulp, 32000 Euros Miglia....

Mike's first Miglia Speedster has just sold for £32000 Euro's....:scared:

Looking very nice.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCZ6n...&feature=share

Sorry, must dash, I've got to get mine finished :eusa_whistle:

Mister Towed 25th October 2013 08:52

Looks and sounds great. Was it auctioned?

cabbage 25th October 2013 09:42

I wasn't convinced to be honest, but the video is hosted by a German car auction/sale site (autotrader but with ebay bidding) which is definitely legitimate. It would be great if someone found the original listing for the car to get the exact details.

So as poor at the video is and as much as i think the car is no way near good enough for 32k euros, at this point it would seem others would disagree and are really willing to pay such an amount.

redratbike 25th October 2013 11:09

noisy bugger isnt it..lol

WorldClassAccident 25th October 2013 11:28

It's worth what someone will pay but I agree that 32,000 euros is steep.

having said that Patoune on the Tribute forum seems to be banging out d-type replicas based on Triumphs for over 10K euros and they don't look as well finished as that Miglia

I am tempted to put up my Masterati based on a BMW 2.8 up for £40,000 and see if anyone bites ;-)

mikmiglia 25th October 2013 11:31

I had a call to state the figure is correct, so it is down to what people want to pay .

WorldClassAccident 25th October 2013 12:15

Did you target that site yourself or is it someone else selling on?

There seems to be a greater willingness to pay more in the continent. I was wondering if you are specifically selling into the German market or just good luck?

tlrtone 25th October 2013 12:19

Ultimately the worth is in the eyes of the beholder with the wallet!

If you are looking for a sports car for £25k plus you have a wide choice of standard offerings....
If you want a one-off special that turns heads then this fits that bill I suppose.

Each to their own.

Goes to show that when presented to the right market, good returns can be made on these cars.

cabbage 25th October 2013 13:31

As strange as it may seem i can understand it now. I guess it depends in which context you look at it.

For example, my initial reaction was to compare it to what i am familiar with, for example if i were to sell a 911 carrera 4s, in this market that would achieve 10 - 15k depending on options which in my initial view is obviously better value.

However in reality thats a completely unfair comparison, what i should have thought is how much would i have to pay to get a similar experience, i.e an open top no compromise classic car from that era or close?

The reality is, in my area the closest match is an austin healey 3000 which is for sale at 45k. Looking at it this way i do find it easier to understand.

I still feel the quality could have been better, but obviously the new owner wasn't put off by this.

mikmiglia 25th October 2013 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabbage (Post 47809)
As strange as it may seem i can understand it now. I guess it depends in which context you look at it.

For example, my initial reaction was to compare it to what i am familiar with, for example if i were to sell a 911 carrera 4s, in this market that would achieve 10 - 15k depending on options which in my initial view is obviously better value.

However in reality thats a completely unfair comparison, what i should have thought is how much would i have to pay to get a similar experience, i.e an open top no compromise classic car from that era or close?

The reality is, in my area the closest match is an austin healey 3000 which is for sale at 45k. Looking at it this way i do find it easier to understand.

I still feel the quality could have been better, but obviously the new owner wasn't put off by this.

I think your missing the point Cabbage,My car was never worth 32 000 euros, you would push to get 15 000 euros. It is down to the person parting with the money. The quality was down to the original budget .

So Quality is down to budget.. You could chuck in £20 000 into making a master piece
and still it would be a re bodied Herald. It is up to the demand.

micky1mo 25th October 2013 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikmiglia (Post 47817)
I think your missing the point Cabbage, My car was never worth 32 000 euros, you would push to get 15 000 euros. It is down to the person parting with the money. The quality was down to the original budget .

So Quality is down to budget.. You could chuck in £20 000 into making a master piece
and still it would be a re bodied Herald. It is up to the demand.

Well said Mike, could'nt have put it better myself.

That said, if Germany's the market I wonder how my BMW powered Navigator will fair :eusa_think:

mikmiglia 25th October 2013 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by micky1mo (Post 47818)
Well said Mike, could'nt have put it better myself.

That said, if Germany's the market I wonder how my BMW powered Navigator will fair :eusa_think:

Well mate, you never know,stick the bmw lump in and have a gamble. its there for the picking. Everyone can have a go and see how much you can make.:idea: :eusa_dance:

garyh 25th October 2013 20:32

It looked the part... Well done mike, better go and knock some out!

mikmiglia 25th October 2013 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by garyh (Post 47839)
It looked the part... Well done mike, better go and knock some out!

I thought you said some thing else then Gary :nono:

garyh 25th October 2013 20:37

At 32000 euros, I would understand...

1iTim 26th October 2013 05:38

Nice! When i eventually order mine therell b one in aus too. One per country only allowed??!!

Mister Towed 26th October 2013 10:00

Finally the World seems to have woken up to the true value of these little gems.

If you've deep pockets and lack the time or skill to build the 50's sports racer you've always wanted, £32,000e is a small price to pay for membership of what remains a very exclusive club of maybe 100 finished Spyder owners in the World. It also bought the new owner a very pretty car that will bring a great deal of pleasure.

There's a sense of occasion every time you get behind the wheel of one of these that you just don't get with a modern car, even a showroom fresh £32,000 sports car. Mine stirs positive emotions in almost everyone that happens upon it - male, female, young, old, it stops people in their tracks. Young dudes in slammed Scubies even wind their windows down at traffic lights and shout 'Wow! Nice car!'

I would say it's more a work of art than anything Tracey Emin ever churned out and have you seen what her 'work' sells for?

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/...ps69e27e1b.jpg

£150,000 to you sir, Mr Saatchi. No, really, he did pay a hundred and fifty big ones for that in 2000. Imagine what he'd pay for something that's actually a pleasure to look at. Turner prize my ar$e!

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8fee4bbf.jpg

So, how about it Mr Saatchi. Yours for a mere $750,000. A snip given that the bonnet scoops were inspired by a Damien Hirst dissected shark...

The Shadow 26th October 2013 10:25

I agree with Mick that 15000 euros would have been a good price , 32000 is quite a lot! one thing people are missing when they say its a bit of a one off is that the car was on an auction site so , if it was conducted properly , that means two people were biding on that car to reach that amount of money. which would suggest that we currently have a german enthusiast willing to pay over 30000 euros for a well turned out example! all you need to do Mick is try and findout who the under bider was!

davecymru 26th October 2013 17:47

Blimey!!!! I know that mine went to Germany and then was sold for double what i'd sold it for so this seems to back up that these do go for more in Germany!

As my dad always said "something is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it!" and you do see these quirks elsewhere e.g.
a Countach replica built on a spaceframe with a V8 engine will only go for 15-25K.
But a Murcielago replica, which is very similar to a Sammio/Ribble in essence. i.e. a frame with a fibreglass body on top, laid over an MR2.
Goes for 30-40k!

only goes to show, it's a funny old world! :)

ikon246 20th November 2013 12:50

hi tirtone just a thought on reading your thread about your landrover seat idea,i noticed you said you would have to make them narrower?
i have checked on the centre seat of the same? they are 56cm highx490wide?................how does that sound? are the outer ones a lot wider?
thanks clive..................your thoughts please