Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Show us your Kit Cars (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Ferrari Dino replica (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7214)

nostraloom 21st December 2019 19:01

Ferrari Dino replica

4 Attachment(s)
Classic Replicas Dino

Mister Towed 21st December 2019 23:08

Very nice, the colour really suits it.

tonyvan 22nd December 2019 17:54

Nice looking car bit just looks odd without the front bumpers!!

DaveP 22nd December 2019 18:44

Very nice indeed.

And I prefer it without the bumpers. Not pure but the lines are great.

tonyvan 22nd December 2019 19:11

I’ve had my bumpers off for over a year, while having them rechromed, and some paint work done, and lots of other works done, and personally I can’t wait to get the bumpers back on.

JG 22nd December 2019 19:45

Very nice indeed, love the colour choice too, really suits it :thumb:

tonyvan 22nd December 2019 20:06

3 Attachment(s)
No bumpers

DaveP 22nd December 2019 21:09

Nice motor Tony (understatement of course).

Dave :)

tonyvan 22nd December 2019 21:15

Thank u, it’s come quite a long way from when I first got it. Changing the wheels to the correct 5 stud pattern, authenticating the wing mirrors and hubcaps which have now price wise, gone through the roof. Lol

tonyvan 22nd December 2019 21:24

2 Attachment(s)
Correct wheels v compomotive 5 spoke.

thecarbuilder246 29th December 2019 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by nostraloom (Post 103031)
Classic Replicas Dino

Very nice car-but is it an actual classic rep. From the photo's it looks to be in america or canada. I know they remade it to be more exact but I've never seen one hit the road-yet. Do you know for sure this is a replica kit-not an actual dino??:ohwell:

NeilF355 30th December 2019 10:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecarbuilder246 (Post 103088)
Very nice car-but is it an actual classic rep. . I know they remade it to be more exact but I've never seen one hit the road-yet.

Hi Ian
I know of one Classic Replicas Dino which is on the road at the moment, it's a replica of the "46" car which completed at Le Mans in 1972 and the owner has brought it to Stoneleigh for the past 5 years.

There should be another one on the road when I get mine finished sometime in the next ...err...decade :pray:

tonyvan 30th December 2019 11:07

I’m hoping to pull my finger out and get mine on tbe rd this coming year 2020 and finally make Stoneleigh 2020. I said that last year but had to wait for rear hubs to be machined and hub caps to made etc and before I knew it Stoneleigh came and went, and the summer flew by. All being well, it will be ready. Just have a new roof lining to install bit of paint which I aim to get to the painters before the end of jan 2020, and re install re chromed bumpers. Hope to see urs soooon Neil lol

thecarbuilder246 30th December 2019 12:18

dino

Hi all

I've seen the 46 car and a couple of other cr dino kits but these were all deon based. Cr in their last gasp remade the chassis to be more exact to the real thing, and also remoulded the body from an actual dino. This is the blue car featured here (one with no bumpers) and is the first I've seen finished.
I did attempt to buy one of these later spec chassis a while back but he wanted too much £££ for it and it didn't come with any suspension-although he said he might be able to get some!! If there is one of these later chassis/suspension or unfinished kits out there for sale I'm interested. Be easier than build my own from scratch which at the moment is taking longer than I thought it would!!:playball::playball:
ian

tonyvan 12th May 2020 17:59

Ferrari Dino Replica

4 Attachment(s)
Well I’m undecided, I bought white perforated foam backed headlining ages ago, but then saw this black vinyl with red stitching and bought some, so now I’m not sure which one to use!!!
Help !!!!! What do u guys think?
I’m ready to get this stuck up, so I’m now ready to pull the trigger and get it installed.

Mister Towed 12th May 2020 18:53

My vote would be for the white perforated headliner.

The black and red stitched diamond pattern looks more Gold plated Lambo on 26" rims rather than one of the coolest Italian Classics of all time.

Just my opinion.

tonyvan 12th May 2020 19:03

I agree with you comments, I bought the perforated scrim back headlining nearly 2 years ago, I saw the black vinyl and bought a mtr to see how it looked. Think I’m swaying back to the white but please keep the comments going

molleur 12th May 2020 21:12

White perforated would be my choice as well.

kon 13th May 2020 09:21

Tough call. the white perforated does look more retro, but the black looks a bit sleeker. What do your seats and wheels look like? if they look modern, i'd go with the black, but if it's wire spokes then the white would probably suit the classic look better.

NeilF355 13th May 2020 09:47

Hi Tony
I would use the white perforated.
It's what I used in my GTO even though the rest of the interior was black.
It lightened the interior up a bit even though, to be honest, the headlining is not something which you notice that much.