Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   General chatter (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Kit Car Nov 01 Issue (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47)

spydernut 5th March 2004 17:18

Kit Car Nov 01 Issue

Does anyone have a copy of KIT Car Nov 2001 to hand? I have tried KC back issues but they are no longer available.
I would like to see the article on Phantom Vortex GTR, scan or PDF would be great.

kitcarman 5th March 2004 17:45

I can sort that. :eusa_clap:
Please e-mail me so that I've got your return address. :cool:

Ferg 6th March 2004 18:56

I have it and will post it if Den can't. Or can scan of course.

kitcarman 6th March 2004 20:04

Done it Ferg. :biggrin:

Actually, it’s kick started something I’ve been meaning to get around to for years :eusa_shifty: . Namely the offering of any, and every, article that’s ever appeared in any of my publications - and those that I have copyright through purchasing, like KC&S.

Den :eusa_angel: .

Ex-Biker 6th March 2004 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitcarman
Done it Ferg. :biggrin:

Actually, it’s kick started something I’ve been meaning to get around to for years :eusa_shifty: . Namely the offering of any, and every, article that’s ever appeared in any of my publications - and those that I have copyright through purchasing, like KC&S.

Den :eusa_angel: .

You could offer .pdf's, and list them on a website for auto download.

Offer it free to your subscribers and charge £40 for the privelage to everyone else. With a free subscription of course!

:eusa_think:

kitcarman 6th March 2004 20:43

Mark,
It’s a mammoth task! :confused:

My plan is to scan to order, as ordered, to start with. :eusa_clap:

Then when I’ve got enough articles scanned, I’ll do something more ambitious along the lines you :eusa_shhh: suggested.

How does that sound? What would be a reasonable charge for a scan and deliver service for the kind of article mentioned on this thread (5 pages)? :eusa_shifty:

Den. :cool:

Ex-Biker 6th March 2004 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitcarman
Mark,
It’s a mammoth task! :confused:

My plan is to scan to order, as ordered, to start with. :eusa_clap:

Then when I’ve got enough articles scanned, I’ll do something more ambitious along the lines you :eusa_shhh: suggested.

How does that sound? What would be a reasonable charge for a scan and deliver service for the kind of article mentioned on this thread (5 pages)? :eusa_shifty:

Den. :cool:

I'd say about £1 - £1.50 inc postage.

I'm sure everyone (especially Spydernut) would like it FOC.

kitcarman 7th March 2004 10:10

It’s a tricky one. :eusa_boohoo: There are potentially 5000 articles to scan. :confused:

Of course the best place for scanned articles is some form of indexed and cross-referenced computer data-base.

I’m gonna need an IT expert’s help – eventually. :eusa_shifty:
To start with, I think I’ll charge £3 per article for the first three. Then £1 per article thereafter. To cover the time in finding, collating, scanning, burning/transmitting.

As I said, an automated self-service system is required, but the scans have to be there first. Loads of work.

Den.:cool: :cool:

spydernut 8th March 2004 10:48

Backissues

Den, sounds like a v.good idea, :eusa_clap: tons of work though :cry: so I guess the £3.00 does seem reasonable considering the work involved but my hunch is that for joe public that may be a tad expensive when you can get a complete back issue for the same £.
Bear in mind that you are only going to get people who want articles that K.C does not have back issues for so you could eliminate quite a few articles at the start and then add, as and when KC have run out.
The GTR article came out fine however when expanded was huge. :confused: The only way i could view it was to scroll the page bars across and along to view. Was quite a big jpeg file, 3 meg for 3 sides of A4. If you have Acrobat 6 you can get some really small files generated.
Anyway, glad I got some cogs whirring and appreciate all help. :eusa_clap:

LexSport 8th March 2004 11:09

Den,

Let me know if you want to talk over the IT side of things.

Darran

Ozzie Dave 9th March 2004 20:42

PDF's

Den , would recommend the use of a a PDF printer , its just a little piece of software that when you print you choose the PDF printer and it creates a PDF file that can be sent anywhere and is universal !
Even better some of these items are free. Idel for sending Magazine articles.

Dave Ingerson