Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Italian Replica builds and chat (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   All Aluminium 1957 250 Testarossa (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6588)

Lucky@LeMans 29th March 2019 20:13

I plan to go to the Bromyard Speed Festival in Herefordshire next Sunday and Prescott the following Sunday. Not too far me, just hope the weather is good !

scimjim 29th March 2019 21:30

I’m competing at Prescott on 25th May - hope you can bring it along if you still have it, I’m sure the BOC would love to see it there on La Vita Rossa day!

DaveP 29th March 2019 22:39

Well done with the MOT. Although we never doubted it :)

Dave

Lucky@LeMans 31st March 2019 20:26

Whilst the car is now mot'd, I have a handful of jobs to complete. Most of it is cosmetic, finishing touches. I need to fit the headlight covers, the additional bonnet catches, I fitted them to the boot already and what ever else comes to mind. I've remade a new grill, that can go on. I want to get a few miles on the car this week locally before going over to Bromyard on Sunday.

Car photographer 2nd April 2019 00:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans (Post 99801)
I plan to go to the Bromyard Speed Festival in Herefordshire next Sunday and Prescott the following Sunday. Not too far me, just hope the weather is good !

What's at Prescott .... I can't find anything in their diary page?

Mick O'Malley 2nd April 2019 06:49

Prescott Breakfast Club 14.4.19

Here.

Regards, Mick

Lucky@LeMans 2nd April 2019 08:28

Breakfast Club gathering. Well attended when the weather is good. Get there early, people starting drifting away by midday . See Mick's link above.

Lucky@LeMans 2nd April 2019 20:47

Looks like the organisers of the Bromyard Speed Festival want me to attend now. They've sent me emails requesting my presence ! My wife says my head could explode at any moment !

Also had a number of calls regarding my for sale ad, one of which seems to be quite serious, so it might go quicker than I thought.

molleur 2nd April 2019 22:40

Sounds great! All the best..

JG 3rd April 2019 18:38

Looks fab. Good luck with the sale

Paul L 4th April 2019 09:31

Lucky – I bought this month’s Octane and your car does look great in the advert. :cool:

Also, given the prices of some of the other cars for sale, you seem to have priced it well.

I’d certainly be interested to hear which magazine advert generated the most interest.

While I hope the sale goes well, I do hope you will be able to get a few ‘on the road’ photos before it goes.

Good luck, Paul. :)

Lucky@LeMans 4th April 2019 12:01

The car is also listed in Classic & Sports Car magazine. In fact it's in twice as they have mentioned it in their classifieds " car of the month ".

I've also got an online ad running with carandclassic.co.uk with extra photos and a full description.

Weather permitting I'll be out and about with the car so I want to get some photos and video.

Lucky@LeMans 4th April 2019 20:00

Carried on with a few detailing jobs today. The headlight covers are now fitted along with the grill. I ordered a new voltage regulator as the fuel gauge and petrol gauge were a bit inconsistent so that will solve that problem. The boot and bonnet catches are now fitted. I've given the underside of the bonnet a coat of satin black which looks much better.

molleur 4th April 2019 20:46

Sounds great!

Lucky@LeMans 4th April 2019 22:50

Does look very nice. I don't know if the price is right, they also have a Maserati 350S replica with a similar theme but that is priced at nearly 250,000 Euro's.

Something isn't right with the floor height, the seats and the fact the bottom of the steering wheel is nearly touching the seat ! Look at where the floor is and the bottom of the steering wheel, maybe only 6 or 7 inches !

kon 5th April 2019 09:04

Looks like you'd need to be less than 4ft tall to be able to get your feet on the pedals too :D

Lucky@LeMans 6th April 2019 19:06

The sun was out here so I managed to get some miles on the car. All good and no issues to worry about. Probably did about 40 miles and it certainly turns some heads going through town !

Bromyard Speed Festival tomorrow, I'm looking forward to that one.

Mick O'Malley 8th April 2019 04:34

As Requested

https://live.staticflickr.com/7829/4...917c92af_b.jpg

Regards, Mick

Lucky@LeMans 8th April 2019 09:16

Thanks for posting the photo Mick ! Better than my photo's !

Wow, a great day out at Bromyard, loads of interest in the car. Spent hours talking to people and answering questions.

They parked me between an early Bugatti and the oldest, still on the road, 1910 Morgan, amazing !

Jaguartvr 8th April 2019 18:23

Great picture but the "M" reg was a big let down.
Well worth paying for a dateless (not Irish) plate, I'm sure it will increase the sale price.