Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sammio Builds and discussions (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   NIKE 55's G46 BUILD... (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3643)

lancelot link 23rd June 2012 18:26

NIKE 55's G46 BUILD...

I am starting this thread and I assume Nigel will continue it....

We have finally started this car ! Big apology publicly to Nigel for the delays ...I got sidetracked by the Cordite projects and he has been very patient...

Last week we did this to Nigels running , driving , driven down to us Scimitar !

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...k/DSC02213.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...k/DSC02215.jpg

now work begins with a bit of welding , some tidying up and then the fitment of his body , framework etc...

Mister Towed 23rd June 2012 18:49

Wow, it already looks like a drag strip pick-up.

Nike55 24th June 2012 00:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Towed (Post 32295)
Wow, it already looks like a drag strip pick-up.

Hmmm... now there's a thought...wish I knew a Hot Rod building company that could throw a 55 Buick front end and a pick up rear body, then paint it black with red/yellow flames on the fenders....(maybe next time round)

Thanks for the photos Gary, when I saw them my first thoughts were 'Oh my god what I have done!!' but now looking forward to putting 8 months of thought / ideas / comments from this forum / car shows / historical photos into context over the next few months / years?
:bounce:

WorldClassAccident 25th June 2012 04:56

loads of photos please. my car is almost in the same state at the moment. I just need to sort the brakes, electrics and get the engine running. I will be using this thread as a reference guide.

HouseMartin 25th June 2012 18:22

Is the donar se5 or se5a donar?

The heater bulkheads are different.
Maybe a photo in that area would help
Cheers
HM

Nike55 25th June 2012 19:34

1 Attachment(s)
Once I get back down to Poole with my trusty Canon will try and post a better photo, in the meantime this is what an SE5 engine bay looks like before surgery....

Attachment 657

Nike55 26th June 2012 15:26

2 Attachment(s)
There should of course be an obligatory 'before and after' photo of the vehicle being converted: so here goes:-

Attachment 659

Attachment 660

(...and a shot of the loon that owns it in a flying helmet sitting amongst the wreckage of a once complete vehicle - that's not going to happen on this thread...!)

davecymru 26th June 2012 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nike55 (Post 32434)

(...and a shot of the loon that owns it in a flying helmet sitting amongst the wreckage of a once complete vehicle - that's not going to happen on this thread...!)

BORING!!!!!

:icon_mrgreen:

Mister Towed 26th June 2012 19:59

Nice registration number. Decent looking donor too.

HouseMartin 26th June 2012 21:30

Looks like the. Rear chasis is missing, but the petrol filler moulding retained.
Chairman tech have you dumped the rear chasis section also?
Hm:spy:

Charman.tech 26th June 2012 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by HouseMartin (Post 32457)
Looks like the. Rear chasis is missing, but the petrol filler moulding retained.

Our chassis is complete as I think Nike55 is in the photo above. Chassis has to be complete and uncut for the re-body to pass the inspection is my understanding

HouseMartin 26th June 2012 21:57

I presume a bolt on bumper/tow bar rail does not count as chasis in the same wayt the front bumper bracketry is not required?
Hm

Nike55 26th June 2012 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Towed (Post 32448)
Nice registration number. Decent looking donor too.

The donor was top notch mechanically albeit the bodywork was flawed to the point of needing £2k -£3k spent on it - hence my immediate deposit to Gary when I heard about the G46 at the Exeter show last year

The reg number stayed with the owner as he wanted £3k for it ..

I rcv'd a less interesting reg number with the vehicle but I will be going for a non prefix / suffix number eventually.

Nike55 26th June 2012 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by HouseMartin (Post 32457)

No, it's all there as required.

The only bit(s) missing were the rear wiper / washer and the faired over 'grills' in the rear quarter panels. (I've no idea why....perhaps with the green stripes it was a go-faster mod.....)

Nike55 26th June 2012 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by davecymru (Post 32447)
BORING!!!!!

:icon_mrgreen:

....well not until I get Gary to bond the new body to the Scimitar!

Mister Towed 21st July 2012 19:29

Still waiting to see a finished G46... Any progress?

Nike55 22nd July 2012 00:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Towed (Post 33244)
Still waiting to see a finished G46... Any progress?

Sorry, nothing that I can report upon. The Scimitar's mortal remains are with Gary who is still to produce the body and bond it onto the chassis after some minor welding and I await further updates in due course (as they say), and I hope to post something 'as and when'.

I understand that there are positive developments within the Sammio organisation regarding G46 model type production which I am currently unable to comment upon.

I guess I should set down my G46 philosophy somewhere.

Mister Towed 22nd July 2012 08:16

Ahh, a mission statement. Where would we be without mission statements?

Nike55 22nd July 2012 12:24

Objectives, Appraisals, Town hall meetings, Open Forum, Client Feedback, SLA's, KPI's, Customer Focus Groups, Continuous Professional Development...

- anything to get in the way of the supply of the core product and to keep the HR and accountancy empires employed.

I think I read somewhere (so unsure if it's true) that during Henry Ford's tenure he employed no accountants and that no internal audits were ever undertaken.

...feels so good I've left those behind.

oxford1360 22nd July 2012 12:41

Picture taken from the Sammio Safe Systems of Working Manual.

I'm still alive, therefore it was safe.