Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tribute Automotive Builds (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Stoneleigh 2018 (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6670)

Drummajor 30th March 2018 18:40

Stoneleigh 2018

Hi guys, am I right in thinking that there is no tribute stand this year at stoneleigh?

WorldClassAccident 30th March 2018 19:16

Not sure about Tribute but I will chase up for the owners club stand.

I am on crutches again so will probably take the RR

2manytoys 30th March 2018 22:19

Tribute stand

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorldClassAccident (Post 94066)

I am planning on coming up with our 250 , prob on Monday.

couerdelion 30th March 2018 22:37

Last year I was hoping to be ready for 2018. It'll be 2019 now.

Lucky@LeMans 1st April 2018 16:10

Quote:

RR ? Is that the Range Rover, Rolls Royce or Rail Road ?

WorldClassAccident 1st April 2018 16:41

The stately land yacht*
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/292/3...b84dc50e_c.jpg20170108_155451 by WCA!, on Flickr

So called because it wallows in corners and you have to keep pouring money at it just like a real yacht

Jaguartvr 1st April 2018 19:09

PPV
Posh Pikey Van as they are known around here.

Drummajor 1st April 2018 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorldClassAccident (Post 94117)
The stately land yacht*
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/292/3...b84dc50e_c.jpg20170108_155451 by WCA!, on Flickr

So called because it wallows in corners and you have to keep pouring money at it just like a real yacht

Doesn’t look like it goes off road much !?

WorldClassAccident 1st April 2018 22:45

That was at the garage before I bought it. I needed something with room to fit my new grand daughter and all the clobber that babies need to travel between houses.

Strapping them to the boot of the Barchetta is frowned upon apparently.

Barber 2nd April 2018 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorldClassAccident (Post 94133)
That was at the garage before I bought it. I needed something with room to fit my new grand daughter and all the clobber that babies need to travel between houses.

Strapping them to the boot of the Barchetta is frowned upon apparently.

:eusa_clap:
Time to stop digging matey. A Ford Focus would do that job. But I know that grandchildren are very handy for justifying self indulgence,

My neighbour had to ditch his SLK for similar reasons and justified a top of the range Audi on the basis that the child seat fixings were superior to anything else. (very suspect).

My wife justified a 4WD mini on the basis that it would be safer ferrying the grandchildren around the very dangerous roads of Surrey and Bristol, now that I was going to get a dangerous kit car.

WorldClassAccident 2nd April 2018 10:39

:-)

Okay - Call the Midwives was on TV so I went upstairs with the internet and some beer. I woke up with a hang over and a Range Rover

Jaguartvr 2nd April 2018 12:30

I only buy 2 seaters to prepare for when grandchildren rear their ugly heads in the future, sorry can't help only have a 2 seater.

I had to sell my TVR and buy a people carrier for my own kids, should have got myself off to the vet.
However, I have learned my lesson, 2 seaters or motorcycles only.

WorldClassAccident 2nd April 2018 13:07

2 x Two seaters and the truck works okay. I am actually pleasantly surprised by the Range Rover. Never had one before, never really wanted one. Used it for a trip down to Lake Garda and back and it was amazingly capable and 27.9mpg from the V8 diesel was bearable. Obviously I would have preferred to be in either of the other cars but the wife and daughter might have been less happy.

I drove things like Ford Focus's and BMW 3 Series but many years ago I decided the wife's car (she doesn't drive but likes comfort) should be a big old barge that someone else has paid the depreciation on. Someone paid about £80K new and I got it for £12 with now obvious signs of aging or abuse. Same as the 6L V12 AMG Mercedes CL I ran. There was the original receipt for over £120,000 and I paid 10% of that with 45,000 on the clock. Expensive to run compared to a 1.6 shitbox but so much nicer. Buy the car for £12K but budget for £15K so you have some spare for repairs and it is a LOT nicer than a £15K car..

Lucky@LeMans 2nd April 2018 16:45

I've always run executive style cars around 7- 10 years old. Even when I was an apprentice aged 19 I had a Rover SD1 V8 ! It was a great car that cost just £750, all my mates were running far more expensive Fiesta's, Vauxhall Chevette's etc.
Still running an old Audi A6 and I've owned that for 5 years. Turned out to one of the best, most reliable cars I've ever owned, it owes me nothing !

IanA 2nd April 2018 20:33

My best 10% family barge was a Renault 25 V6 Injection for £2400. Leather interior and all the toys. It didn't owe us anything when eventually I had to bypass a leaking heater matrix and sell it for £300.

I did change the clutch myself and got to know the gearbox quite well.

On topic- you'll find a Renault UN1 gearbox/transaxle like that one in the back of several mid-engined cars at Stoneleigh.

lancelot link 2nd April 2018 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanA (Post 94153)
Renault 25 V6

On topic- you'll find a Renault UN1 gearbox/transaxle like that one in the back of several mid-engined cars at Stoneleigh.

I had a Manta Montage on a half VW , half spaceframed chassis with one of those in the back ...gate was in reverse , 1st and 2nd where 3rd and 4th should be ...

Lucky@LeMans 2nd April 2018 23:02

1 Attachment(s)
I had a UVA M6GTR back about 18 years ago ! 3.9 Rover V8 with a Renault 30 transaxle. Not sure where it is now, reg E842HPM but it has been painted red and has been off the road for a while ( since 2010 ) according to MOT checker. Not the best photo but here it is when I had it.......

lancelot link 2nd April 2018 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans (Post 94156)
I had a UVA M6GTR back about 18 years ago ! 3.9 Rover V8 with a Renault 30 transaxle. Not sure where it is now, reg E842HPM but it has been painted red and has been off the road for a while ( since 2010 ) according to MOT checker. Not the best photo but here it is when I had it.......

Mine was red ..but painted yellow a few years back ..only saw it once after selling it , I was on my way back from Swindon on a back road above Salisbury and it went past me ... YOR 959J ...Still the VW bit ...It was a pre-UVA example imported from the States , hence the Southampton reg. possibly as cars were given local to their DVLA office registrations back then .... a genuine Manta and was featured as a build up car in a magazine back in the 80's ...it was all in bits again when I bought it in about 1990/91 ish ...

2manytoys 8th April 2018 20:15

Quote:

Hi Nick; Had a look at the Stoneleigh 2018 program on line today. It says the Tribute club stand/pitch is 49B .
Is this correct or a carry over from previous years.
Incidently didn't see Nubodi or Tribute mentioned.

WorldClassAccident 9th April 2018 09:55

That's right. Just found out I may have a clash with a family wedding in Yorkshire. Need to double check the dates