Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sammio Builds and discussions (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   slip hazzard (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3855)

Slip Hazzard 24th September 2012 16:57

slip hazzard

Greetings Peeps.
Just registered as I've ordered a Cordite kit for December delivery, in which I intend to insinuate my Rover V8. I've built many Ginettas and MGBGTV8's for racing, but I'm a road legal virgin.
Hope to get to know you all soon.

WorldClassAccident 24th September 2012 17:00

Welcome. Where are you based?

Slip Hazzard 24th September 2012 17:10

slip hazzard

Thanks - Bury st Edmunds, Suffolk.

WorldClassAccident 24th September 2012 17:20

If you are heading past Southampton at any time, feel free to stop and say hello

oxford1360 24th September 2012 17:21

Welcome, Slip. We all look forward to watching another Cordite build. Remember, lots of photos!

WorldClassAccident 24th September 2012 17:27

Remember, lots of photos!

And comments on our photos. Suggestions always welcome. These don't come with instruction manuals so everybody is making it up. You might as well join in.

Mister Towed 24th September 2012 18:02

Welcome aboard SH. Couldn't agree more with WCA's last observation about making it up as you go along, that's the way it is with these cars. That's no criticism, mind - I wouldn't have dared modify a Caterham the way I've hacked this one about, it gives you a lot of confidence knowing how cheap the body packages are.

I'm only about thirty miles up the A134 in Downham Market if you want to stop by for a cuppa any time and see my work in progress.

Looking forward to seeing a V8 Cordite joining the convoy. :dance:

Slip Hazzard 24th September 2012 18:56

Hi H.T.I like the idea of a "flexible build" - when's the best time to me to pop in?

Slip Hazzard 24th September 2012 19:29

Thanks Oxford - I'll dust off my Brownie. I'll see if I can get Daisie to point out interesting chassis parts.

Mister Towed 24th September 2012 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slip Hazzard (Post 35403)
Hi H.T.I like the idea of a "flexible build" - when's the best time to me to pop in?

I've PM'd you some details.

Paul L 24th September 2012 20:20

Slip Hazzard - Welcome aboard.

Is your V8 currently in a Spitfire, or do you need to get a donor car for your kit too?

As others have said, build threads are very useful for stealing, sorry, sharing ideas. :icon_wink:

Good luck, Paul. :)

davecymru 24th September 2012 20:23

Wotcha matey and welcome.

As long as you have lots of 1mm cutting disks, a willingness to waffle bloke-talk and a good sense of humour,then you'll fit in here fine.

Then again, even if you have none of the above, but post lots of pics so that we can blatantly copy your more interesting ideas, you'll be more than welcome! :)

Dave

tlrtone 25th September 2012 07:22

welcome along.

Get your camera out and post lots of pictures. :ranger:

this lot get restless with just text posts... :roll:

garyh 25th September 2012 08:04

When i first saw the thread, i thought it was a warning! not a builder, funny old name is it American, like Rip Torn...:usa:
As Tirt says photos photos photos.:welcome:

Slip Hazzard 27th September 2012 07:08

Thanks Geezers - being lazy, I shall answer all posts here:
GaryH - You may have seen my name on wet toilet floors. I like to think of myself as Daisy Duke's favourite uncle!
Davecymru and Tirtone - as I said, clicking my brownie as I type.
Paul L - got Spitfire rolling chassis, 3.5 V8, 5 speed gearbox and a pocket full of dreams.....

Mister Towed 27th September 2012 07:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slip Hazzard (Post 35457)
...got Spitfire rolling chassis, 3.5 V8, 5 speed gearbox and a pocket full of dreams.....

Are the V8, gearbox and chassis as one already or separate entities that need to be magicked together?

froggyman 27th September 2012 07:50

Hi, sounds like an interesting build so another thread to look forward too. With a V8 i'm sure you will need a bigger scoop than Mr T or maybe three!!

Slip Hazzard 27th September 2012 19:01

M.T. - They're 50+ miles apart at the moment so serious magic required.

FROGGY - not sure about scoop yet, depends on how low I can get the unit to sit in the chassis. I used to build MGV8's with no lump if I used flat filters.