Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   General chatter (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Utterly Pissed Off (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3313)

GreatOldOne 6th February 2012 11:49

Utterly Pissed Off / Not so much now...

I've just been made redundant.

Brilliant. :(

My last day at work is just after Stoneligh.... Which coincides with my 40th birthday. Nice one, Barclays!

Chris Cussen 6th February 2012 11:53

Jason,
Crikey! thats real tough. I hope your job searching goes OK.
Chris

peterux 6th February 2012 13:40

Oh, that is bad news!
Sorry to hear that and I hope the job hunting goes well....

take care, Peter

denniswpearce 6th February 2012 20:15

So sorry to hear that Jason, you must be inconsolable.

Never been in that position so have no idea what its like.

Good luck with job hunting

JONORacing 6th February 2012 20:25

Sorry to hear your news, I have been there twice, not a nice place, but all the best with the Job Hunting.

Jono

GreatOldOne 6th February 2012 20:41

Thanks chaps.

Mike 7th February 2012 10:19

GOO

Sorry to hear your news.
Look on the bright side - you are in the right line of work to look for another job.

There are a few of us I suspect looking over our shoulder at the moment......

Good luck
Mike

Patrick 7th February 2012 11:50

balls that sucks :( hope you find something new soon :)

Dpaz 7th February 2012 19:17

I've been there three times, all at times when jobs were very thin on the ground. I was sent on a 'Transfer of employment course' where we were taught about job seeking etc. One of the best bits of advice I was given was. Enjoy the spare time you have. You can't job hunt 24/7, spend time relaxing and doing what you enjoy. It will keep you fresh and focused. Good Luck but have some fun and don't feel guilty about it.

Chris Cussen 8th February 2012 06:36

I was "in between" jobs in 2010. First thing my wife did was to go and buy enough paint to decorate 4 bedrooms.:scared:

mashtun 8th February 2012 06:50

Sorry to hear that, Jason. Been there myself in the past and wouldn't want to repeat it. Best of luck with the search for another job!

Grey V8 Pete 11th February 2012 16:57

Really sorry to hear that Jason. Some years ago now I was "early retired" from an engineering job, after 33 years. Although it was a real shock at the time I never looked back. After some retraining at my own expense I ended up teaching IT. Wish I had done it years before as my job satisfaction went up by about 500%. If you write down all the things that you actually did in your job you will be surprised how many of those skills will transfer across. Hang up a large sign in the house saying "There is life after Barclays" and remember you are yourself, not your old job description. All the best in your search. Peter.

Nike55 12th February 2012 00:38

I've been there 5 times in 40 years. Quit my last job in disgust after 5 years so only 4-1 to 'them'!

I can only commiserate, it may be a painful experience but it is transient and there are opportunities and alternatives out there as Grey V8 Pete says.

Being in the right place at the right time sometimes helps and so does knowing the right people - so keep networking as someone you know may be able to help in the future. There is no social stigma attached to 'redundancy' these days as the term merely reflects a company's desire to downsize in order to maintain its financial bottom line and to keep its shareholders happy - while maintaining the chief execs grotesque bonus..

Have seen your website and your talents in that direction surpass my own efforts considerably. There are any number of skill sets which may be transferable from one industry to another and a large number of people have been able to use even their interests or hobby skill sets to advance themselves into areas they would not normally consider.. (A vet re builds motorcycle/kit car/aeroplane/racing car/helicopter; a handyman builds a narrow boat - are you kidding?).

You can only take it as it comes - don't despair, keep an open mind and all options open. This probably doesn't help but thought you'd like to know there are others out here in similar circs. Best wishes for the future..

GreatOldOne 16th March 2012 16:16

Good news, everyone!

I am now gainfully employed again. I managed to snag a vr job matching role at work, so I will be staying with the bank. It still IT, but it's in a completely different discipline, so very interesting coming into as a newbie.

I'm off to celebrate tonight - if I stay out late enough, I could catch practice 3 and qualy tommorow morning before the hangover kicks in :madgrin:

Mike 16th March 2012 17:54

Good news - well done Jason, and Go Jenson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

denniswpearce 16th March 2012 19:17

Congratulations Jason, goes to prove you cannot keep a good man down.
Great news for you and your wife.

peterux 16th March 2012 20:11

Well done and good luck in your new role! :thumb:

Grey V8 Pete 16th March 2012 21:58

Excellent news Jason. Now you can concentrate again on the build!

Nike55 17th March 2012 00:16

Many congratulations upon your new position...

...and good hunting to all those out there still looking...

Chris Cussen 19th March 2012 17:33

Hooraaaaayyyyy!