Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tribute Automotive Builds (http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Geoff's 250 SWB Replica Build (http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4261)

casamolino 22nd July 2013 19:02

Wheels
 
I was the proud owner of a set of wire wheels of a MK2 E type Jag sorted out adaptors from Orson ( really helpful company ) but decided the track would be to wide for the look i am going for , so moved on to plan b , sold them and know buying a set of genuine Minilites to be fitted with 185/65/15 tyres , Geoff .

fatbloke 22nd July 2013 20:24

Do you still have the adapters Geoff? Looking for a set for my Jag wheels.

casamolino 23rd July 2013 14:10

I stopped the order before production , so sorry no , Geoff .

casamolino 3rd August 2013 10:20

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...9/DSCF0715.jpg Right thats the wheels and tyres fitted , just need that nice man from Tribute to make some space in the workshop:wave: Geoff .

WorldClassAccident 3rd August 2013 11:44

Mine first!

;-)

casamolino 4th August 2013 08:55

Nick isn`t yours under the knife yet? Geoff .

WorldClassAccident 4th August 2013 14:08

It is at Tribute. The beautifying hammer should be wielded next week.

Tribute Automotive 4th August 2013 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by casamolino (Post 45735)
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...9/DSCF0715.jpg Right thats the wheels and tyres fitted , just need that nice man from Tribute to make some space in the workshop:wave: Geoff .

Hi Geoff

I like your wheel choice :thumb:

Nick's car is being stripped down later this week, so your project will start a few weeks after that.

I have a cunning plan to create a very good likeness of the SWB......:tape:

Talk to you soon.

y cymro 4th August 2013 22:18

Minilite's will look great.
How much further out would wires be?

y cymro 4th August 2013 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribute Automotive (Post 45761)
I have a cunning plan to create a very good likeness of the SWB........

That's good news. Can't wait - I love a plan

casamolino 5th August 2013 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by y cymro (Post 45763)
Minilite's will look great.
How much further out would wires be?

Afternoon the wires would have been at least 1 inch possibly a inch and a half further out each side at the front , never did try at the back but guess approx the same , the wires would be the better looking option but would be difficult because the Z3 hubs are positioned so far out , thanks for the comment re the Minilites , which i last used back in the 70s on MK1 and MK2 Escorts , Geoff .

y cymro 5th August 2013 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by casamolino (Post 45786)
thanks for the comment re the Minilites , which i last used back in the 70s on MK1 and MK2 Escorts , Geoff .

Afternoon Geoff.
Yes, me too, only a Cooper S
Steve

casamolino 5th August 2013 14:48

Did you hang on to it? the prices for old Escorts! Geoff .

y cymro 5th August 2013 14:58

No, unfortunately it saw it's demise against a tree in Carmarthshire one Saturday night ;-)
If only we'd have kept all that old stuff eh!

casamolino 6th August 2013 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribute Automotive (Post 45761)
Hi Geoff

I like your wheel choice :thumb:

Nick's car is being stripped down later this week, so your project will start a few weeks after that.

I have a cunning plan to create a very good likeness of the SWB......:tape:

Talk to you soon.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...9/DSCF0742.jpg

This one scaled up? Geoff .

WorldClassAccident 8th August 2013 13:38

Squint and it is almost there
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-l...o/IMG_3764.JPG

casamolino 8th August 2013 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorldClassAccident (Post 45843)

Nick i assume you missed your last appointment with Spec-Savers:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

casamolino 6th October 2013 09:37

Just purchased these of EBAY one is in excellent condition other will need a fair bit of work , genuine Carello , 99p! bargain for the two , just need two RHD Carello 7" headlights to finish , Geoff .
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...9/DSCF0871.jpg

y cymro 6th October 2013 19:58

Molto bello 👍

Tribute Automotive 6th October 2013 22:00

Nip, tuck, stretch etc........

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/...ps9818c2fe.jpg


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 10:09.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright Madabout Kitcars 2014