Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tribute Automotive Builds (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Tribute MX250 My Build (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6379)

3148markc 11th July 2017 18:43

Just message Chris at Tribute and the kit is ready in a few weeks but I'm on my hols soon so will leave it until I get back and go and make a day out of hiring a van and taking a long trip down. Looking forward to the hols but think I'll miss my little project !

landmannnn 11th July 2017 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3148markc (Post 89423)
The Roof is in ok condition, but I've found that although buying spares is great as you can get a good bargain when it comes to selling you don't get much as you would have expected. I've still got most of the parts I've taken off and will list later on and try and get as much back as possible to help fund some of the upgrades.

I didn't get much for most of the bits I took off. A few pounds for the lights and plastics, a bit more for the boot and bonnet. From memory the soft top brought me in well over £100.

3148markc 22nd August 2017 11:54

5 Attachment(s)
Well back off from my well deserved break but managed to get more done just before I left. I've rolled out the rear arches which was again straight forward to do, then I started to cleanup and upgrade the braking system replacing with coilovers, brake lines and discs which I'm still on with at the moment but should be completed in the next few weeks. As for the kit I think there's nothing much I can do now until I get the nod that it's ready for collection.

3148markc 6th October 2017 08:55

Today is the day, the body kit is on its way....yeah, looking out of the window every time I hear a noise lol.

3148markc 6th October 2017 15:35

4 Attachment(s)
It's here at last typically the last drop. As I don't have much room I just had to plonk it on the car for now, already looks amazing, can't wait to start. Going to be lots of moving the kit on and off the car but I'm sure I'll manage. Will roll the car out and get some better pics.

Drummajor 6th October 2017 18:00

Holes pre cut ?
Blimey, never in my day :)

3148markc 6th October 2017 20:16

Yep requested when ordered, wasn't confident in getting good cuts so opted for pre cut, makes things a little easier :)

Barber 8th October 2017 09:48

Be sure to take plenty of pics and post them as you put it all together. Good luck.

3148markc 12th October 2017 20:59

1 Attachment(s)
Thinking about the rear lights and I'm wanting something like the attached picture. Anybody know where I can get the round lights with chrome surround and the small oblong fog and reverse lights ?

Drummajor 12th October 2017 22:02

Europa spares , car builders , kit car solutions

Barber 13th October 2017 02:53

You can find them in plastic or glass also.

3148markc 13th October 2017 07:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drummajor (Post 91139)
Europa spares , car builders , kit car solutions

Perfect Thankyou, looks to a few other bits I'll need too.

3148markc 13th October 2017 07:06

3 Attachment(s)
So yesterday I managed to get a few hours in. I temporarily fitted the rear boot extension and extended parcel shelf with a few screws and re fit the rear shell to make sure all looks ok. Also gave me an opportunity to mark where the paint will need removing from the rear panels.

ned 13th October 2017 17:52

Hi if you intend to put in a headlining then best fit it while you can turn the rear section over as its a pig to do after you have bonded it all on , looking forward to your build Ned

3148markc 13th October 2017 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by ned (Post 91146)
Hi if you intend to put in a headlining then best fit it while you can turn the rear section over as its a pig to do after you have bonded it all on , looking forward to your build Ned

Hi Ned. Yep that's my plan going to get all the fixings for the rear panel and temp install once all is good I'll remove the panel, put in the headlining and then start the process of bonding everything into place. I'm just so restricted for room so think it's going to be a case of installing the headlining on the panel in my conservatory lol.

3148markc 13th October 2017 19:59

Noticed on most of the builds none of the cars have a rear reflector is this not required for the MOT ?

couerdelion 13th October 2017 21:01

They are required unless the car is only used during daylight hours, but then thats a lot of hassle to prove

http://www.ukmot.com/manual/1.5/Reflectors

3148markc 13th October 2017 22:30

i thought they are needed just can't see them in most of the other builds. Will have to think where to put them to make everything symmetrical

Paul L 17th October 2017 05:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3148markc (Post 91022)
…As I don't have much room…

You weren’t kidding, that does look like a very tight squeeze. :eek:

http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/foru...3&d=1507878361

Good luck, Paul. :)

3148markc 17th October 2017 19:02

Yeah it's a squeeze but I knew it would be. Hopefully it'll showcase that you don't need a huge garage for such a project, but then again it would be heaven :icon_lol: