Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sammio Builds and discussions (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Stoneleigh 2014 (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4837)

AndyP57 24th March 2014 12:29

Stoneleigh 2014

All,

You may have noticed on our web site that we do not intend having an indoor stand at Stoneleigh this year. This decision has come about after calculating the costs versus return involved in previous years. Instead, we will be in conspicuous attendance (Wearing our Black 'Ribble Kits' shirts) on both days and invite anyone to come and have a chat and, unlike other years where we had to be in attendance at a stand throughout the days, maybe a beer or two :biggrin:

We are considering a 'club plot' but before booking one, would be interested in how many cars may come to the event on each day. Could you either reply to this post or PM me if you will be there with your car.

Also, if you want to have a chat about anything specific, let me know and we can co-ordinate a place and time.

AndyP57 28th April 2014 15:03

Gents, As we mentioned earlier, we won't be putting up a stand at Stoneleigh but we will be very much in attendance and eager to chat to anyone interested in the range. As we've already got a few 'meetings' scheduled around the place (Mainly bar/cafe based) could I ask that if anyone wants to specifically chat about anything, they PM me and I'll give them details of where we'll be at what time and how we can link up. For others without a specific agenda, just stop us wherever we are and we'll be happy to while away some time with general chat.
Looking forward to seeing you there :biggrin:

WorldClassAccident 28th April 2014 15:33

You are always welcome to meet at the Tribute Automotive Owners Club stand which is pitch 49B between the MEVs and the Sebrings

adventuresoftimtim 28th April 2014 18:48

Cheers Andy and WCA, I'm trying to get down there on the Sunday.

My first time there so I've not really got an agenda for the day... other than just floating about. I'll definitely be hovering round the tribute stand for a bit, but it would be nice to meet/chat to you Andy as well mate!

WorldClassAccident 28th April 2014 19:03

My first time too...

...I have no idea either..

...and I am the TAOC President!

Paul L 28th April 2014 19:14

It sounds like there will be a good turn out of forum "regulars" at this year's event. :cool:

Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to make it this year. :icon_sad:

Hope it stay dry, Paul. :)

Mister Towed 28th April 2014 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorldClassAccident (Post 54800)
My first time too...

...I have no idea either..

...and I am the TAOC President!

How'd you get to be President then? I didn't vote for you. I thought we were an autonomous collective... :madgrin:

Nike55 28th April 2014 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Towed (Post 54807)
How'd you get to be President then? I didn't vote for you. I thought we were an autonomous collective... :madgrin:

Quite right Mr T. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony! (If it were raining at the time)

:emptybath:

GreatOldOne 28th April 2014 22:12

As an outsider, I'd say you where an anarcho-syndicalist commune... And nary a moistened bint or a scimitar to be seen. ;)

AndyP85 29th April 2014 00:10

I look forward to seeing those who make it this year :biggrin:

WorldClassAccident 29th April 2014 17:55

I am the self declared president!

What the hell are votes and democracy and use for?

1st AGM at Stoneliegh where we can get the club organised a bit, but only a bit.

Mister Towed 1st May 2014 08:29

BBC weather girl just announced warm, dry sunny weather in the South for Monday. I'd take a brolly...

AndyP57 1st May 2014 09:27

A Brolly! Standard kit for us up t'North is Welly boots, Anorak and flat cap. Anything less than a downpour is seen as Tropical :biggrin:

Mister Towed 1st May 2014 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyP57 (Post 54926)
A Brolly! Standard kit for us up t'North is Welly boots, Anorak and flat cap. Anything less than a downpour is seen as Tropical :biggrin:

Anorak? Cap? I thought you Northern types walked through blizzards in now't but a string vest.

Hmm, and perhaps some strides...

Viatron 1st May 2014 21:44

Thanks T that just brought an image to my mind that can best be described as disturbing.....