Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tribute Automotive Builds (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Geoff's 250 SWB Replica Build (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4261)

y cymro 6th October 2013 22:49

I like that Chris - very exciting. Have you though about how to get the rear angle of the door glass right? It looks critical to getting the shape balanced. Re-profiling the shape of the door/rear wing perhaps to get that rear sloping look, or just a different shaped glass?
Cheers
Steve

casamolino 8th October 2013 18:42

The Z3 is booked into Tribute for 2nd Nov , if Chris can get any where close to the pictures he put up on this thread i will be one very happy bunny , Geoff .

y cymro 8th October 2013 22:08

If anyone can do it Geoff, it's Chris and Dan.
I bet you can't wait!
Cheers
Steve

y cymro 19th October 2013 14:13

Lots of detailed shots here, Geoff

Click and Enjoy!

casamolino 19th October 2013 19:59

I can see those downdraft Webers being a problem! Geoff .

Tribute Automotive 19th October 2013 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by y cymro (Post 47562)
Lots of detailed shots here, Geoff

Click and Enjoy!

Fantastic source of reference pictures., thank you.

Tribute Automotive 19th October 2013 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by casamolino (Post 47579)
I can see those downdraft Webers being a problem! Geoff .

It won't be a problem on the V12 conversion........:wink:

y cymro 20th October 2013 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribute Automotive (Post 47582)
It won't be a problem on the V12 conversion........:wink:

It should fit... but what about a manual gearbox?

y cymro 20th October 2013 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribute Automotive (Post 47581)
Fantastic source of reference pictures., thank you.

You're very welcome. I can't wait to see the result

casamolino 4th November 2013 09:36

Looks like another Silver Z3 ready to go under the knife! Geoff .

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...9/DSCF0981.jpg

Tribute Automotive 7th November 2013 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by casamolino (Post 48258)
Looks like another Silver Z3 ready to go under the knife! Geoff .

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...9/DSCF0981.jpg

Geoff, the Cobra has landed! Progress to follow.......

casamolino 9th November 2013 08:23

Morning Chris yes it did throw it down on the walk to the station and i am pretty sure i never asked for a Cobra , :faint: Geoff .

neemo 9th November 2013 10:05

im really looking forward to this build!

ive rolled with the evolution of the cars that you have produced Chris.
im torn between Geoff or Joes build, im a sucker for a coupe or fastback with classic lines.
i'm going to take the plunge when both cars start to take shape.

Tribute Automotive 9th November 2013 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by casamolino (Post 48406)
Morning Chris yes it did throw it down on the walk to the station and i am pretty sure i never asked for a Cobra , :faint: Geoff .

You must of been soaked. I know you said you enjoyed walking but that can't have been fun!

I think the cut and shut Cobra panels will be a quick start to the rear end of the SWB when combined with the MX250 kit. Some parts of the front end can be utilised too, headlight mounts etc.

zagmad 9th November 2013 20:03

:drum: Will you be stretching the kobra profile lines across the boot. Light pod area looks good nice and sleek. Any pics of those bits.

zagmad 9th November 2013 20:06

:icon_biggrin: like pictures me. Helps the imagination

Tribute Automotive 9th November 2013 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by zagmad (Post 48431)
:drum: Will you be stretching the kobra profile lines across the boot. Light pod area looks good nice and sleek. Any pics of those bits.

The Cobra bits will help with your rear end (oh er!) as well

zagmad 10th November 2013 12:05

had an idea to get the door line you wanted. bit complicated but possibly doable will involve parts of arch and door panel fitted to the door so that the bmw door opens as it did normally and a false raised panel further back. eg extend a panel over the door sinking part of the arch and put it on the door. giving illusion of the door opening further up with the angled panel.only thing is when you open the door you will have the panel on it. other alternatives doing the same but when you open the door you have to lower the window all the way down . extended fixed panel going left to right that sits on the door frame. sorry got bored. :playball:

Mitchelkitman 14th November 2013 16:49

Very much looking forward to this one........ Don't rush it though chaps, it needs to be good! Joking aside, having worked for a manufacturer in the past, any error in the mould is then a bug forever!
Could be a market winner this one.
Please don't have any spacers on the wheels as I and my insurers don't like them!!!!

zagmad 15th November 2013 20:23

Or just fit wide wheels. Or steels with wire wheel look covers like the ones hanging in the reception office. Nit sure if it means the steel wheel will need to be a positive or negative offset. Or some terminology like that. Then bolt through the covers like some fiat/honda's do to hold them on. Yeah, i know too much time on my hands