Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Build Chat (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Pre IVA (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4469)

mike joiner 24th August 2013 18:31

Pre IVA

HI all have got my marlin 5exi in for test any last items that I should look out for I hope that I have checked most but any ideas would be great
Thanks Mike

Mike 27th August 2013 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike joiner (Post 46258)
HI all have got my marlin 5exi in for test any last items that I should look out for I hope that I have checked most but any ideas would be great
Thanks Mike

Mike

Have you seen the new rule on Fog lights - came in in June 2013?
Fogs must now go off when mains go off, and not come back on until deliberately switched on again.
You may be ok, but its stuffed my wiring, as I took power from the main lights to the Fog switch. So, if left switched on, my fogs will come on again with the main lights, and will fail.
I assume I'll have to add a relay to make it perform correctly?

Mike

mike joiner 27th August 2013 18:15

Thanks for this heads up I will also need to look at this if I have the time and can work out what I need to do as my wired in like yours at the moment .
HELP would be good ,PS test Thursday:help: :help:

AcC8braman 27th August 2013 19:06

Call cartek, they have a clever device that fixes this issue, think its 20 odd quid

Mike 28th August 2013 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcC8braman (Post 46302)
Call cartek, they have a clever device that fixes this issue, think its 20 odd quid

They do, but its £40 !

AcC8braman 28th August 2013 18:32

Worth it though

Mike 28th August 2013 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcC8braman (Post 46331)
Worth it though

Mmmmmmm, I bet they are sold for less soon as both kit car market suppliers and enterprising electronic builders work out how to do it cheaply...................

.......but I've ordered one as I can not work out how to delatch a relay with out having one switch to switch it on, and a second to switch it off!
Just "another £40"!!

AcC8braman 28th August 2013 20:31

I agree, everyone in this game of providing to the kit industry will be jumping on board driving prices down.

Dpaz 29th August 2013 18:15

If you are building for the challenge of creating something yourself that is one thing. on the other hand £40 is not a lot compared to a local garage charging £75 p/hour!
I have spent days making something I could have bought for a tenner, then binned it because I thought of something better. It's what we do isn't it...isn't it?

mike joiner 30th August 2013 16:57

rear fog

Hi thank for all input on this car went for test yesterday and was passed
with old type set up, the examiner was aware of new rule but was able to
pass it, I could not bring myself to argue with him !! so very happy now
Thanks Mike

Mike 31st August 2013 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dpaz (Post 46350)
If you are building for the challenge of creating something yourself that is one thing. on the other hand £40 is not a lot compared to a local garage charging £75 p/hour!
I have spent days making something I could have bought for a tenner, then binned it because I thought of something better. It's what we do isn't it...isn't it?

Now here's a man who I can relate too..............its just what I do!