Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marlin 5exi builds (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   on the road (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1736)

alackofspeed 13th June 2008 17:38

Paul,

What size are the tyres?

SDMC001 14th June 2008 11:07

I really like the way you have finished the interior, also the way you have used the silver looks great. Hope you enjoy, should do with the summer looming.

limpabit 14th June 2008 11:18

Hi Paul.

If possible, could you describe and take some pictures of how you mounted your front speakers please?

paulsul 17th June 2008 20:42

Sorry for the delay in answering the console enquiries, and by the way, thanks for all the great comments.
The console is the Rover 200. I had to cut the front part away from the horizontal (gear stick housing). I made the cut at the lower curved part because it was to wide and encroached into the legroom area. I then fixed a bracket inside the console to bring both sides closer together, in effect narrowing it. I then reattached both parts with grp, sticks like and filled the joints. It is covered with red leatherete which was a real fiddle to do.
Make no mistake guys, this took some time to do but I am quite pleased with the result.
Oh, by the way, I am only 5'8" tall. I don't know what that is in new money

paulsul 17th June 2008 21:01

The tyres are 205/40/17 & believe it or not, they don't rub.
I mounted the front speakers under the dash on each corner, pointing down. I did this with brackets suspended from the frame before the dash was fitted. It could prove difficult if the dash is fitted and you may have to try something else.

craig 17th June 2008 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulsul (Post 12398)
Oh, by the way, I am only 5'8" tall. I don't know what that is in new money

Ah that explains it then paul! Thats why I asked the question! I could no waay get away with a center console that wide as my kneee is where your console is and is only about an inch away from the wheel

I'm 6ft 1 inch

Craig

limpabit 17th June 2008 21:46

Only a quick glance today Craig. But the centrer bit on the mk2 (for radio and lighter), is tiny compared to the mk3. And does not go down as far as the centre tunnel. Only problem is mounting holes are at the side of the mounting, not near the top where the dash is.

Another little project. Thinking along the lines of copying in fibreglass with top mounting position.

alackofspeed 17th June 2008 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulsul (Post 12401)
The tyres are 205/40/17 & believe it or not, they don't rub.

Thanks for confirming that - I thought the wheel and tyre combo looked a bigger diameter than stock, with the way the sit relative to the arches. Now I know my eyes are not playing tricks.