Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Italian Replica builds and chat (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Is that a DNA kit oh dear (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7295)

andysharrock 25th May 2020 09:56

Is that a DNA kit oh dear

always check ebay to see what kits are for sale if the price is right always up for the right one to finish . Just spoted what I think is a DNA kit still been built and advertised all badged up.TUT TUT
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ferrari-2...cAAOSw0t5ey3Pc

Mitchelkitman 25th May 2020 11:03

Interesting - I thought that was going to be a pile of junk parts which had been damaged and never fitted :laugh:
Another interesting, when I looked at the Ebay ad I decided to ask the vendor some pertinent questions (aren't I naughty), and noticed Ebay had put my name and phone number in my question, and a prompt of "best time to call"
I removed them and it wouldn't send the question (required fields) So I changed my name to "Curious" and my 'phone number to "00000000"
:badgrin:
There's always ways around these things :whoo:

be interesting to see what response I get.
For the curious...... my question "Is this registered as a Ferrari or Tribute"
OOps I've just realised my error there :frusty:

WorldClassAccident 25th May 2020 12:32

This is not a kit car its a recreation

Recreated using a donor car and a kit :-)

smash 25th May 2020 12:42

Thats not going to end well. He's clearly building for profit. Only a matter of time before he gets a cease and desist from Ferrari.

More to the point, where's he getting the kits from? If he gets a tug then I'd expect them to jump on the kit supplier too. So he's potentially going to ruin it for genuine home builders who might want to build one.

This must be the guy who was selling a red one earlier in the year - custom made stainless parts (and pic of it is in the advert)

smash 25th May 2020 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorldClassAccident (Post 104274)
This is not a kit car its a recreation

Recreated using a donor car and a kit :-)

:badgrin: Lol!

We take 1962 stock aluminium and bath it for 3 days in a vat of 60 year old Amoretto. It's more Italian than anything that originally came out of the factory. Then we take the finest Brick Lane hides and treat them with the juice of highest quality Mozarella di buffala to create interiors with the true flavour of Modena... and finally, all our cars are blessed* by the Mother Superior of the Sanctuary of the Holy House of Loreto.

*via Skype. Surcharge applies.

redratbike 25th May 2020 13:53

“Original badges are sold with each vehicle, I am not allowed to sell a car with them fitted”

I’m sure he is allowed to fit the original BMW badges ..ha ha ha

tricky360 25th May 2020 14:05

This guy Bought two kits at the very beginning when Dna started production
He splashed the moulds and has copied the Dna car and is now producing them himself

oxford1360 25th May 2020 15:25

The lead time on cars is 3 months. 3,000 hours spread over 3 months would require 5-6 people full time.

So, as a very rough estimate, the parts, body and paint cost £25k (this is a minimum), then add some "factory" overheads...then divide the remainder by 3000 and the individuals who worked on it are earning just above the minimum wage.

I know these are all rough estimates, but the advert does have a certain aroma, similar to something that could be produced by an Italian horse.

Mitchelkitman 25th May 2020 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchelkitman (Post 104272)
Interesting - I thought that was going to be a pile of junk parts which had been damaged and never fitted :laugh:
Another interesting, when I looked at the Ebay ad I decided to ask the vendor some pertinent questions (aren't I naughty), and noticed Ebay had put my name and phone number in my question, and a prompt of "best time to call"
I removed them and it wouldn't send the question (required fields) So I changed my name to "Curious" and my 'phone number to "00000000"
:badgrin:
There's always ways around these things :whoo:

be interesting to see what response I get.
For the curious...... my question "Is this registered as a Ferrari or Tribute"
OOps I've just realised my error there :frusty:

I got a reply (I have to say, one wasn't expected), but..... In the words of the great Victor Meldrew I DON'T BEELIEEEVE IT!

Nether, Its still registered as a BMW, cheaper to insure as a heavily modified car. This is my own design passed by Ferrari and trading standards.

Who's going to tell him (or Ebay!)?

oxford1360 25th May 2020 17:32

"This is my own design passed by Ferrari and trading standards."

:flypig::flypig::flypig:

andysharrock 25th May 2020 18:21

could it just be a scam someone trying it on for deposit just to do a runner. The red one is registered as a BERINI M42 and the black one a Z3

Mitchelkitman 26th May 2020 09:48

My follow-up question which again (surprisingly) received an answer

What is the make model on the V5? Is this a DNA kit?

It's a Bmw z3 and no it's not a DNA kit

Hmm.... Think the cage is rattled :badgrin:

Mitchelkitman 26th May 2020 09:49

If splashes have been made off a DNA, could DNA raise a legal case for copying?

andysharrock 26th May 2020 09:58

DNA should be more worried about getting another letter ,No one can be that stupid can they

Mitchelkitman 26th May 2020 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchelkitman (Post 104291)
My follow-up question which again (surprisingly) received an answer

What is the make model on the V5? Is this a DNA kit?

It's a Bmw z3 and no it's not a DNA kit

Hmm.... Think the cage is rattled :badgrin:

So correctly registered then?

andysharrock 27th May 2020 20:24

selling kits now if its as good as the dna kit its a good price https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ferrari-2...oAAOSw8zJezUrz

Mitchelkitman 27th May 2020 20:50

Hmm.... Will he be exhibiting at Newark or Stoneleigh?

smash 27th May 2020 21:30

See they've deleted the filler flap - nice mod.

I see there's no badges visible in the DIY Kit advert.

But yes surely a worry it'll come back on DNA

andysharrock 27th May 2020 21:50

if we were in normal times I would go take a look york is only 1 hour away .hes got to get shut down in the next few weeks. but then again he has got a letter saying he can sell them with the consent of ?

Mitchelkitman 27th May 2020 21:59

Wonder if I should buy one and take a mould off it? Bet he'd be upset :heh:

How does the fuel get into it? :bounce: