Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Build Chat (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   2020 events to go to (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7164)

IanA 3rd October 2019 20:40

2020 events to go to

The dates are starting to be announced already.
Stoneleigh 2-3 May 2020
Newark 25th/26th July 2020
Yes -
NEWARK Kitcar Festival 2020. NEWARK IS BACK ��

Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th July 2020

Camping is not being allowed on club pitches. Use the camping field adjacent to the showground.

Set up from noon on Friday 24th off site by by 6pm Sunday

This used to be a great summer show so let's help get it back there and ensure it stays on the calendar.

For more info and advance ticket prices see...

www.newarkkitcarfestival.co.uk

NeilF355 4th October 2019 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanA (Post 102273)
Newark 12-13 September 2020

There seems to be some question over the Newark September dates.
I have heard that it clashes with Goodwood Revival and has been changed to 25th/26th July according to Complete Kit car magazine.

Lucky@LeMans 4th October 2019 10:00

Choice of Prescott Autumn Classic and Castle Combe Classic this weekend. Saturdays forecast is for dry weather at both places, Sunday is rain !

IanA 4th October 2019 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilF355 (Post 102279)
...I have heard that it clashes with Goodwood Revival and has been changed to 25th/26th July according to Complete Kit car magazine.

That's good news. Gets it away from the 2020 RHOCaR End of Season Bash.

Mick O'Malley 6th October 2019 09:10

Castle Combe Classic.

Lots of drool-worthy machinery in attendance yesterday. This gem was powered by a straight six two litre Bristol engine, if you look carefully you can see that the bell housing has been given the full Emmental treatment. It had me wondering if I should've had the Monaco sprayed Silver...............

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...5ed4f2d6_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...6818c30f_b.jpg

Amongst punters' cars was this Frazer-Nash BMW which had one of the nicest dashboards I've ever seen. Beautiful!

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...37371022_b.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...929bfeb2_b.jpg

A great day out.

Regards, Mick

IanA 6th October 2019 16:24

Another 2020 event to go to- Sunday 19th July 2020.

Sunday 19th July 2020.

Old Ford Rally, Gaydon

Gift aid your entry fee and get one year's admittance to the Heritage Museum.

IanA 6th October 2019 16:32

Another 2020 event to go to- Sunday 9 August 2020

50s Specials Show

Likely to be Sunday 09 August 2020

Cotwold Wildlife Park, Burford Oxon.

Specials and limited production sports cars of all makes are invited Including, Turner, Fairthorpe, Elva, Lotus, Ginetta, Lola, Martin, Siva, Dellow, Rochdale , Falcon , Tornado , All Historic Specials and many many more. The event is held at The Cotswold Wildlife Park, Burford, Oxon, England.
Admission is FREE for the driver of a special or the tow car of a special.
The rest of the park is accessible.

Lucky@LeMans 6th October 2019 18:06

Next Sunday, 13th is the last Prescott Breakfast Meeting of the year. Hope the weather is kind, this time last year it was still warm and sunny !

Also next Sunday is the Malvern Classic Car Show at the Three Counties show ground. Usually well attended and a reasonable auto jumble.

kon 7th October 2019 12:27

The XKEC meet at Prescott sounds good to me. Do you know what time it runs from/to? I'm guessing that breakfast meet means early.

Lucky@LeMans 7th October 2019 17:26

8.00am through to about 12.00

Lucky@LeMans 15th December 2019 16:19

Bromyard Speed Festival Breakfast Club meetings have been entered on their website.
Basically the last Sunday of the month right through the year starting January.

Also, Chataux Impney in Droitwich are hosting a new year bash on the morning of the 12th January. Pre entry required because space is limited to 500 cars, lol ! Pre entry also entitles you to a complimentary bacon bap !

Lucky@LeMans 10th January 2020 23:17

Chataux Impney this Sunday morning ! Looks like it might stay dry !

Lucky@LeMans 20th February 2020 23:25

Sunday 8th March;
Auto Jumble / Classic Car Show Malvern, 3 Counties Show Ground.

Sunday 15th March;
Shelsley Walsh Hill Climb Breakfast Club. £3.50 pre entry required.

Sunday 29th March;
Prescott Hill Climb Breakfast Club. Just turn up !

Note; Bromyard Speed Festival Breakfast Club this Sunday has been cancelled due to the weather forecast !

Lucky@LeMans 21st March 2020 11:16

Looks like Stoneleigh is postponed until later in the year. Dates not arranged yet as things are still developing of course.

Lucky@LeMans 21st March 2020 11:21

Breakfast club meetings listed above are to be reviewed each month.

Mitchelkitman 21st March 2020 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans (Post 103718)
Looks like Stoneleigh is postponed until later in the year. Dates not arranged yet as things are still developing of course.

Not unexpected in the current situation.... On the bright side it gives us more time to get our cars ready for when it does happen!

Lucky@LeMans 21st March 2020 17:06

For the lucky ones who will be off work, at home with an income of some sort there be plenty of tinkering / building time available !

Mister Towed 21st March 2020 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans (Post 103722)
For the lucky ones who will be off work, at home with an income of some sort there be plenty of tinkering / building time available !

Already on it.

I'll be working at home from Monday. I usually work Monday to Wednesday 8am to 4pm, but I'm doing 7:30am until noon Monday to Friday while I'm home working so I can spend every afternoon in the garage getting on with my Speedster.

smash 29th March 2020 16:27

Maybe thread should be re titled 2021 events to go to!

Lucky@LeMans 29th March 2020 17:59

The ACO still haven't mentioned any change to the running of the Le Mans Classic due to be held in July.
The 24 hour race set for June is postponed until September though. I'll be very surprised if there aren't further amendments.
In true French fashion the ACO website says, " Our priority is to maintain the race calendar " !! No mention of public health !

Lucky@LeMans 9th April 2020 17:50

The LeMans Classic has now been postponed until July 2021.

Hope we do get some events to go to later in the year !

NeilF355 29th April 2020 09:55

Rearranged Stoneleigh dates August 2020

Hi
The National Kit car show at Stoneleigh has been rearranged for August 29th /30th 2020

Annoncement is from the Complete Kit Car magazine facebook page on the 24th April https://www.facebook.com/CKCMagazine...kUIU8eXmNj09vV

Good news as long as we are out of lockdown by then :eusa_pray:

Below is the official release from Grosvenor:

24/04/20 Stoneleigh Kit Car Show Postponement COVID-19 UPDATE
I sincerely hope that you and your families are keeping well and staying safe in these uncertain times.
The safety of our visitors and exhibitors is of paramount importance to us and, following the advice from the government regarding the Coronavirus, we have postponed the National Kit Car Motor Show. It will be rescheduled to Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th August 2020. Any tickets you have purchased for this show will be valid to use at the show in August and you will not require a replacement ticket. Exhibitors have been emailed individually regarding their stand bookings. We have endeavoured to inform clubs where we have an email address for them, but we apologise if you have not received a direct correspondence from us.
We will continue to follow updates regarding the Coronavirus and will announce any changes to other future shows in due course. As you will understand, the situation changes daily and we are working to do what is best for exhibitors and visitors alike.
Our office is currently closed and due to the large number of enquiries we are receiving at this time, we apologise that we are unable to respond individually to every enquiry, but will endeavour to provide you with up-to-date information, but this may be a generic email. Please remember only to trust our official website and Facebook page for information about our shows.
Thank you for your understanding.
Stay safe!
Roger Cooling

Lucky@LeMans 12th May 2020 17:55

Here are a few events in the Midlands for July / August that might have a chance of going ahead. *Please check nearer the time if you intend to go to any of them !

*July 26th Bromyard Speed Festival Breakfast Club

Lucky@LeMans 24th June 2020 09:22

The events I listed some time ago have been whittled down a fair bit !

At the moment all of them are "provisional" and I'll update nearer the time !

I don't understand why car boot sales are starting up again whilst car shows are being axed !

Mick O'Malley 25th June 2020 07:48

27 Year Run Ends

Beaulieu Autojumble 2020 cancelled :icon_sad:

Regards, Mick

Mister Towed 25th June 2020 09:02

Goodwood Festival of Speed and Revival also cancelled -

https://www.goodwood.com/motorsport/goodwood-revival/

Will be taking the option to roll my tickets over to 2021.

Lucky@LeMans 19th July 2020 11:06

According to their website as of today, Stoneleigh is still on for the bank holiday weekend in August, Saturday and Sunday !

Breakfast club events hosted by the Bromyard Speed Festival organisers will resume at the end of July ( 26th ) and will continue on the last Sunday of the month until the end of the season.

Lucky@LeMans 22nd July 2020 09:21

Stoneleigh is now cancelled. News posted on their website yesterday.

Lucky@LeMans 27th July 2020 20:56

The Historic Specials Day at the Cotswolds Wildlife Park, Burford is taking place on the 9th of August.

This event is all outdoors so somewhat weather dependant ! It takes place on a huge field so social distancing shouldn't be a problem !

Lucky@LeMans 21st September 2020 23:25

Classic car show at the Malvern Three Counties Showground is still on for the 11th October.

Turn up on the day or get a pre booked ticket for £5 saving £5 on the gate .

http://www.classicshows.org/malvern-...-october-2020/

As ever check the website nearer the time.

Lucky@LeMans 25th September 2020 18:23

In addition to the Malvern Classic car show on the 11th October, nearby Prescott is going to host a breakfast club event for the first time this year on the morning of the 11th..

Make a day of it and do both perhaps ?

Lucky@LeMans 5th October 2020 18:29

Edit to the above mentioned Prescott Breakfast Club, its now cancelled !!!

The Malvern Classic Car Show IS still taking place and the weather forecast is pretty good this weekend, see you there !