Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Le Mans 2014 (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4549)

Bobnic 14th October 2013 19:32

Le Mans 2014

Any of you chaps planning on attending next years 24 Hour race at Le Mans? I've been going now for 6 years with a bunch of mates. Cars taken so far include TVRs, a Noble, M5 Beemers and a Scooby. Will definitely be taking the sporster next year. Anyone taking theirs?

I swear I saw one one drving off the Ferry back at Portsmouth on the Sunday evening this year, who was that??

Would be great to meet up if anyone is planning on taking theirs next year!!

Rob

Bobnic 19th June 2014 12:47

Le Mans was great! Build up and race were fantastic as always, and 'Marlene' as she has been christened by fellow 24 hour chums performed faultlessly! Having only covered 1000 miles in the last year, she has now racked up nearly 1600. Great drive there and back in the sunshine. I would highly recommend it to any other Sportster drivers. Maybe we could have a few going next year?

Sorton 21st June 2014 10:38

Hi Rob

Glad to hear that you enjoyed Le Mans, I watched a great deal of it on Eurosport and another visit is on my bucket list (my last and only trip there was in '64!. It all depends on circumstances at home and it is most unlikely that my Sportster will be completed so I would have to use something else.

Less than 12 months to go and now you know that there is at least one Marlineer interested.

Sorton

Bobnic 23rd June 2014 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorton (Post 56580)
Hi Rob

Glad to hear that you enjoyed Le Mans, I watched a great deal of it on Eurosport and another visit is on my bucket list (my last and only trip there was in '64!. It all depends on circumstances at home and it is most unlikely that my Sportster will be completed so I would have to use something else.

Less than 12 months to go and now you know that there is at least one Marlineer interested.

Sorton

It's great fun in any car, the Sportster just made it that extra bit special! Got a lot of admiring looks, and a few puzzled french guys asking me if it was 'Un Morgan'?? I soon put them straight on that! If you are up for next year, I would highly recommend it.

Might see you there?

Rob

Mike 24th June 2014 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobnic (Post 56715)
It's great fun in any car, the Sportster just made it that extra bit special! Got a lot of admiring looks, and a few puzzled french guys asking me if it was 'Un Morgan'?? I soon put them straight on that! If you are up for next year, I would highly recommend it.

Might see you there?

Rob

Where did you stay Rob?

Bobnic 24th June 2014 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike (Post 56738)
Where did you stay Rob?

Hi Mike. We camp on Maison Blanche, within the circuit complex walls. It's the most expensive campsite, but you are a 2 minute walk from the Porsche curves, and Corvette corner, and a 5-10 minute walk from the start/finish straight with the grandstands and the pits. Saves a lot of walking and time wasting, but makes sleep the night of the race a little hard to come by!

Cheers Rob