Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tribute Automotive Builds (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Tribute Owners Club - Meet, Drive and BBQ (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6209)

WorldClassAccident 24th December 2016 09:34

Tribute Owners Club - Meet, Drive and BBQ

After being accused (accurately) as the worlds worst Club chairman I have finally been motivated to organising a club event.

Date : June 2017
Activities : Drive around, park at pub, BBQ, talk bollocks and show cars off to the public

I have secured a free BBQ at a pub / micro brewery with an allocated 'car show' area for the club use. The date needs to be confirmed but I need some idea of numbers of attendees.

The approximate plan is that people turn up on Saturday and at some point we have a parade tour of scenic Southampton ending at the pub for a show and tell car display with copious amounts of beer and a free BBQ. You stumble back to your hotels or wherever you are staying. On the Sunday we have another blast around the New Forest and then make your way home.

This will only happen if I can get at least 10 definite attendees.

Please add your name if you will attend

WorldClassAccident 24th December 2016 09:35

I am Nick. I will attend. I will bring a Z300S.

Lucky@LeMans 24th December 2016 10:09

You can put my name on the list ( Paul ), I'll be driving what ever is road worthy !

zagmad 24th December 2016 10:58

lancelot link 24th December 2016 11:36

I WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND , NOT SURE ABOUT VEHICLE THOUGH ...Is it possible to pop along as a hanger on ? Not do the cruisey bits but do the eating , drinking , talking bollox bit ...

I'm curious to see exactly where ''scenic Southampton'' is ....

zagmad 24th December 2016 12:39

Fingers and toes and hands and arms and legs crossed might be ready.

WorldClassAccident 24th December 2016 13:44

Hangers on and normal cars welcome. Just need the promise of at least 10 interesting cars to show off to qualify for the free bbq

Drummajor 24th December 2016 18:05

If I am not working then I will be there in my MX250 C

Barber 24th December 2016 19:34

I can be a definite, but as a hanger on. Got my fingers crossed for a logger term dream come true.

Barber 24th December 2016 19:34

Tch longer term, I am not a lumberjack.

IanA 24th December 2016 23:02

I am Ian. I will attend. I will bring a Z300S.

WorldClassAccident 25th December 2016 10:32

3.5 definite with 'special' cars depending on how ZagMad progresses and some hangers on.

If you have anything interesting to bring that is fine, the Tribute Owners Club parties are not just for Tributes, Owners or Club members

:-)

lancelot link 25th December 2016 13:05

Thank you Nick ....I can bring something along , depends whats in the workshop , but can certainly bring something on a trailer or whatever ...so count me as a car attendee ...

WorldClassAccident 25th December 2016 19:27

Yeah, I thought I had better clarify that

fatbloke 26th December 2016 15:40

Patrick here, I will certainly try and be there with my MX250.

TAZ 1st January 2017 21:52

Hi Nick,

Many thanks, I will attend if I can, depending on the final date in June.

I definitely won't have my car on the road by then, so won't have anything interesting to bring but would love the opportunity to chat with others and gain more ideas etc.

Darren

trev dunn 2nd January 2017 16:58

Hi Nick,
would love to come but its a bit far from bleak Lancashire. I will have my 250 SWB Convertible ready for Stoneliegh and will be there so if I can wangle it for June will be able to let you know then.
I have just been contacted by another guy (Graham) in the Bolton area who is interested in building a Tribute 250 SWB or MX250. I have offered to show him the progress I've made on mine (ooh misses) so hopefully another convert.
Cheers
Trev

trev dunn 2nd January 2017 17:05

Hi Nick,
I have yet to try to upload some photos of my build (hopeless on a PC)
The sad thing is that a got a camera to log the build but about 7 months into the build I last my camera. I've got some on my phone so will try with them.
Trev

WorldClassAccident 2nd January 2017 17:42

I will see you at Stoneliegh Trev, you have a spot reserved on the owner club stand so don't worry about the plebs car park :-)

IanA 15th January 2017 11:28

Hi Nick
Do you have a date yet?
I see that these are already in the calendar:
Bromley Pageant of Motoring Bromley, Kent June 18
Goodwood Festival of Speed Goodwood, West Sussex June 22-25.
Cheers
Ian