Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tribute Automotive Builds (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Prescott Hill Climb Events (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5948)

Lucky@LeMans 15th May 2016 23:25

Prescott Hill Climb Events

Events coming up which you might want to go to include these at Prescott Hill Climb near Cheltenham.

28-29th May La Vie En Bleu Weekend ( This year including lots of Italian classics ! )

5th August Vintage Sports Car Club Weekend ( Lots of vintage and classics )

1-2nd October The Autumn Classic ( A mini version of the GoodWood Festival )

If you haven't been to Prescott Hill climb its well worth a visit. Lots of track action all day , stunning Cotswolds location , lots of places to stay to make a weekend of it. Easy to get to just off the M5.

I am a bit biased as I live just 20 minutes away, it is a stunning venue for all things "classic".

Check out the Prescott Hill Climb website.

y cymro 15th May 2016 23:59

Lucky@LeMans is right to flag up La Vie en Blu event as being worth a visit this year. Usually, this celebrates all things French (Prescott is home to the Bugatti Owner's Club), but this year's addition of Italian cars include 250GT SWB '7SPA' owned by Ross Brawn.

A Quote from the Prescott website:
"Plus, we are delighted to announce that the Ferrari 250 GT SWB chassis 2119 famously driven to victory in the Goodwood Tourist Trophy of 1960 by Stirling Moss will be displayed courtesy of its current custodian Ross Brawn. This particular car has a spectacular history, having competed in seven other races, bringing in five more wins, two for Stirling Moss in 1960, which also included a trip to the Bahamas, and three wins for Mike Parkes in 1961. The Ferrari 250 GT Short Wheelbase is one one of the worlds most coveted and valuable cars, and one of the most revered Ferrari's combining a great engine with a fine chassis and a beautiful body."

A 275GT is also expected.

https://www.prescott-hillclimb.com/e...eu-italian-day

Car photographer 16th May 2016 15:48

Yeah, these events are normally very good, I've been there the past few years running - I'll be heading down to the La Vie en Blu on the saturday this time, as there's a show on at Ragley hall on the sunday that I might take my kit to, if I've got it all roadworthy by then.

Lucky@LeMans 16th May 2016 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Car photographer (Post 79129)
Yeah, these events are normally very good, I've been there the past few years running - I'll be heading down to the La Vie en Blu on the saturday this time, as there's a show on at Ragley hall on the sunday that I might take my kit to, if I've got it all roadworthy by then.

Make a weekend of it , Prescott Saturday , Ragley Hall Sunday. Only about 20 miles from each other. I haven't been to the Ragley event for a few years but it was always well supported.

y cymro 16th May 2016 23:11

Just looked at the Prescott website and noted that Italian Day is Saturday only

Lucky@LeMans 19th May 2016 23:21

Well spotted , I didn't notice that . I'll try and make it on Saturday .

Car photographer 19th May 2016 23:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans (Post 79150)
Make a weekend of it , Prescott Saturday , Ragley Hall Sunday. Only about 20 miles from each other. I haven't been to the Ragley event for a few years but it was always well supported.

yeah, hopefully that's what I'll be doing - I'll probably only try and get my kit to the ragley hall event though, as it's closer to me

Lucky@LeMans 21st May 2016 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Car photographer (Post 79358)
yeah, hopefully that's what I'll be doing - I'll probably only try and get my kit to the ragley hall event though, as it's closer to me

Depends on the weather ! At least Prescott has a really nice club house and café to shelter in if it chucks it down .

Car photographer 21st May 2016 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans (Post 79415)
Depends on the weather ! At least Prescott has a really nice club house and café to shelter in if it chucks it down .

Agreed, - I'll be coming to prescott anyway on the saturday, but I think it's a bit too far for me to risk it in the kit - plus it wouldn't be in the paddock anyway - just the field / car park, so I can't see the point.

At least at Ragley hall, they may let me into the display ;)

Lucky@LeMans 21st May 2016 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Car photographer (Post 79416)
Agreed, - I'll be coming to prescott anyway on the saturday, but I think it's a bit too far for me to risk it in the kit - plus it wouldn't be in the paddock anyway - just the field / car park, so I can't see the point.

At least at Ragley hall, they may let me into the display ;)

If you get there before 10.00 you should be in the main car park on the track side of the main road, I often park by the museum ( an amazing Bugatti collection ).

Car photographer 21st May 2016 20:29

Lol, not much chance of that then ;)

Car photographer 28th May 2016 23:52

Spotted a red Mx250 in the car park at Prescott today - was it one of you guys?

Car photographer 28th May 2016 23:53

I didn't see the 250 swb you mentioned though

Lucky@LeMans 28th May 2016 23:58

I managed to get there mid afternoon , just as the timing equipment broke down ! A bit of a disappointment as there were no competitive runs from then on.
The cars on display were great , lots of Ferrari's and classics of all sorts.
I'll post some photos when I get a chance.

Car photographer 29th May 2016 07:37

Yeah sounds like it was when I arrived too