Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tribute Automotive Builds (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Almost - My 250 SWB Coupe (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6697)

molleur 7th May 2018 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by IanA (Post 94799)
Yay !!! No. 7 is on its way. Good luck with that build.

I will likely need some luck too! This forum has been a great source of assistance already, thanks folks!

molleur 21st May 2018 20:47

Finally shipping tonight!
Shout out for Justin at Grassbank for super assistance with many questions.
They now have an electric window/stainless door frames.

molleur 12th June 2018 22:52

Well, my kit went from the U.K. to Charleston South Carolina port, then to Port Everglades (Miami) without issue (great job by Terry Goldspink). and has been sitting in a warehouse for the past week there. It is supposed to ship to Tampa tomorrow. We'll see. I expect a couple days to clear US Customs. My broker is having difficulty finding transportation from Tampa to final destination. Again, we'll see.

So, by end of next week we should see some progress and photos will be posted as the build goes along.

molleur 14th June 2018 15:33

Good news today, delivery tomorrow!
Stay tuned folks!

Barber 14th June 2018 17:19

Excellent news, enjoy

molleur 14th June 2018 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barber (Post 95542)
Excellent news, enjoy

Thank you! I intend to...

lancelot link 14th June 2018 19:16

Exciting times ....

molleur 14th June 2018 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancelot link (Post 95544)
Exciting times ....

Yes, only a four hour drive for me to get my butt over there to build it!

Paul L 16th June 2018 06:04

molleur – Hope the kit arrived safely. :cool:

Is the four hour drive to pick the kit up, or to do any work on it?

Good luck, Paul. :)

molleur 21st June 2018 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul L (Post 95574)
molleur – Hope the kit arrived safely. :cool:

Is the four hour drive to pick the kit up, or to do any work on it?

Good luck, Paul. :)

Long story, but 4 hour drive to where I'm building it. Just got yesterday. Z3 all stripped,electrical extensions underway.

Terry Goldspink and his broker here were fantastic. The company I hired (almost) to deliver it from the Customs warehouse not so much. I had to ransom it and hire another to pick it up from his yard. (the bastard charged me storage after he refused to deliver). I made the 220 mile round trip to secure it while it was picked up by the other great company. For less $$ than the original jerk quoted. Should have had it on the 9th, but finally got started yesterday. Stay tuned! I have no email over there and will be home only on weekends.

redratbike 22nd June 2018 18:47

You staying there during the week to build and home at weekends ?

molleur 22nd June 2018 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by redratbike (Post 95677)
You staying there during the week to build and home at weekends ?

That's the plan..

molleur 22nd June 2018 19:28

As of today (begun on Wednesday, half day Thursday) Z3 stripped and most of the electrical extended. Roll cage trial fitted, removed messed with a bit, painted and installed. Back on it on Monday. Big garage (50 ft x 30 ft) but hot in the Florida summer. 35-36 deg. C. Only an hour or two before the aircon house relief for 30 minutes (and a beer).

Barber 22nd June 2018 20:24

It does not count without pictures. ;-)

molleur 22nd June 2018 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barber (Post 95681)
It does not count without pictures. ;-)

They will be coming (camera is on West coast right now).

Lucky@LeMans 22nd June 2018 21:10

Can you send a tweet to your president, Mr Trump. You were lucky to get in early and buy your kit without a 20% import duty tax. Thanks to this tit for tat arrangement Harley's have gone through the roof over here ( along with orange juice )!!!

molleur 22nd June 2018 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans (Post 95683)
Can you send a tweet to your president, Mr Trump. You were lucky to get in early and buy your kit without a 20% import duty tax. Thanks to this tit for tat arrangement Harley's have gone through the roof over here ( along with orange juice )!!!

Yep, bummer!

molleur 28th June 2018 16:41

does the entire windscreen sealing rubber need to be removed for the coupe? almost ready to fit the body.

molleur 29th June 2018 12:08

Thanks Jeff!

molleur 29th June 2018 12:36

any photos, I've removed the soft top sealing rubber. looking at not using thr intermediate channel part.
helo!