Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Phantom GTR/Vortex Builds (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Stonleigh etc. (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594)

kenmorton 22nd April 2006 23:18

Stonleigh etc.

Who is going to Stonleigh and what day ?

Who's cars are going to be there ?

Not sure if I will be there, no car to take and don't need any stuff from the show but if other builders are going then it could be a good oportunity to meet up and swap build experiences etc.

I still havn't got back in touch with MSN insurance to ask about " Phantom owners club ". I will try and speak to them later on next week - bit busy Monday/Tuesday.

Had another idea - what about sending our telephone numbers to each other via private message ?

Chris G 23rd April 2006 08:53

I will be there on Sunday with my car, will look forward to meeting some of you. Don't get on the mainland too much so the run will do the car some good. Have only done 2,000 miles since getting it on the road last October.

Good idea for phone numbers on private message, I'll do it later.

I'll be interested in the insurance, I'm with Adrian Flux at the moment and the experience hasn't been too good up to now.

ricola 23rd April 2006 09:06

I'll be there both days selling my libra to fund finishing my car.

Probably easiest to get one person to collect all numbers and then pass them out? Also, I guess we will naturally congregate around where the phantoms will be parked up so it should be fairly easy to meet up there..

Rich

kenmorton 25th April 2006 22:51

O.K. looks like I will now be going on the Sunday, would really like to meet up with everyone and have a chat.

EddyP 27th April 2006 21:58

i shall also be there on the sunday, as will Norman from phantom.
We should all meet at a landmark at stoneleigh at a certain time so that we can all meet up, just incase we dont manage to bump into each other.
How does the main door into the newer halls, by the cafe at say 11.00 sound?

kenmorton 27th April 2006 22:23

Will Norman and the other Phantoms be in thier usual place ? if so we could meet there. Should be able to get there for 11.00 a.m.

EddyP 27th April 2006 22:37

i have no idea what theyre normal place will be? im sure we'll manage to find a few phantoms, there should be at least 2 there, hopefully chris will take his as well and maybe nick from birmingham if hes going.

ricola 28th April 2006 08:13

I reckon the 'normal place' is a good idea too. I'll show you where it is Eddy. For anyone else who hasn't been before, it is along the road that runs infront of the hall entrances nearer the catering vans (ie if you were leaving the halls, turn right down the road).

See you all on sunday!

Rich

Chris G 28th April 2006 09:59

I spoke with Norman last night, he is only aware of two cars going - mine and his, which is a pity. I am hoping to get there between 10 and 11 and will find Norman and park next to him. Thanks for the directions, I haven't been to Stoneleigh before. Will see you there.

ricola 2nd May 2006 07:26

1 Attachment(s)
It was good to 'briefly!' meet most of you, will catch up wiht you another time Ken. I also met up with Lesley and John on the monday. Lesley is about to start a Ford powered car and John has just finished his burgundy car, I've pointed them both this way so hopefully we will see them here shortly.

Good news that I have now sold my Libra so full steam aheaad on the GTR!

Rich

ricola 2nd May 2006 07:27

1 Attachment(s)
another pic

ricola 2nd May 2006 07:27

1 Attachment(s)
I thought John's glovebox was really neat, huge too! Opened with a Rover air con actuator..

ricola 2nd May 2006 07:28

1 Attachment(s)
last one

EddyP 2nd May 2006 07:30

just thought ken, i had £15 in my pocket for you, oops, i can direct transfer it to you if u want?

kenmorton 2nd May 2006 21:53

No panic - catch me next time.

EddyP 2nd May 2006 21:56

out of interest ken, have you got your windows and mechs? ive found a chap in leicester who has a few celicas, picked a pair of doors up from him earlier for my glass etc..
Also chasing up some clear front indicators, they seem to be a boat somwehre between here and china.

bgullatt 8th June 2006 14:16

Door Glass

What year Celica glass does the Phantom use?

Bill

EddyP 9th June 2006 08:39

its the year that had pop up headlights and the curved waist line, around 93 iirc.
the indicators we think are 92-93, but are a pain to find, they are a weird size, if you're making a body to suit bits, use the later or earlier indicators, you can get modern clear crystal looking ones much easier and cheaper.

ricola 9th June 2006 10:43

I thought we'd decided the indicator lights were 93-96?

I've found a company that does replacement clear lenses for these, £72.50 delivered with bulbs. www.protocast.co.uk

EddyP 9th June 2006 11:43

no, i beleive that model only ran for one year, which i suspect was 92-93.