Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tribute Automotive Builds (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Finished Tribute Kobra On Ebay (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5496)

Lucky@LeMans 5th July 2015 16:47

Finished Tribute Kobra On Ebay

Just found a really smart looking Tribute 2.8 Kobra on ebay . It looks really well built and the paint in Viper Blue is superb . Its the only finished one I've seen for sale.

Can someone post a link to it , not sure how to do it 1

Mister Towed 5th July 2015 17:26

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIBUTE-AU...item1c5598a470

Lucky@LeMans 5th July 2015 17:51

Thanks ! I think this one will fetch a good price , it looks really well done .

I can't believe Ford based Sumo's and other budget Cobra's are going for over £12k.

I know the Tribute Kobra is not a 100% replica but neither is a Sumo or a Dax or Gardener Douglas or any other kit Cobra for that matter !

wolfie 6th July 2015 09:17

Thanks for the link Mr Towed but is it me but I cant find the Kobra on the link.
cheers

oxford1360 6th July 2015 09:32

The listing has been removed.

Danny_HUFC 6th July 2015 10:00

Ebay will of removed it as it had stuff like 'not this car not that car' in the title. If you know what i mean. They dont like you referencing cars that its not.

wolfie 6th July 2015 10:11

Cheers Danny - I thought i was going bonkers there.

dewhurst8888 6th July 2015 16:56

kobra on ebay

yep its mine,had it removed because of trade mark policy.:violin:
shame ,as i,d recieved some great comments,as well as upsetting rog shackleton a member of the uk cobra owners club who got a bit irate
but now its back on now with video and ive replaced the 427 badges:laugh:

Lucky@LeMans 6th July 2015 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfie (Post 68871)
Thanks for the link Mr Towed but is it me but I cant find the Kobra on the link.
cheers

Its back on now , there was a problem with the listing .

oxford1360 6th July 2015 17:32

I expect the Cobra Owners Club got irate because you don't have the required minimum of 50 gauges on the dash including airspeed indicator and washer fluid temperature.

dewhurst8888 6th July 2015 18:18

irate owners club member

i think he got upset about the have a go henry comment,and some very bad kit cars/projects i have seen.but he took this to heart.especially when i asked if he was related to the bloke that went to the pole:rofl:

dewhurst8888 6th July 2015 18:22

oh no

his actual words were
As a member of the UK Cobra Club and owner of a self built AK Cobra worth over 40k. I very much take exception to you Comments re 'Have a go Henry'
The quality of my car is that good it was displayed on AK's stand at the National kit car show at Stonleigh alongside the professionally built vehicles.

You clearly can not afford a proper Cobra replica,as you wouldnt have gone down the route you have,

Why spoil a Z3 with that hideous interpretation of a classic icon!

Please don't generalise in your comments.

Rog Shackleton

dewhurst8888 6th July 2015 18:24

and more

then
I don't doubt your ability and you shouldn't doubt others,that was a ridiculous juvenile statement and reply.
How old are you ! Did you have an education !

Just what experience have you got with regards Replica Cobras from, say AK,Dax,Crendon,Ram,DB,Hawk etc. Zero I suspect.
All of these kits are superb in quality and well thought out, it is the skint ameture builders that create crap cars and you can spot them a mile off.

calm down rog

gas guzzler 6th July 2015 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewhurst8888 (Post 68881)
his actual words were
As a member of the UK Cobra Club and owner of a self built AK Cobra worth over 40k. I very much take exception to you Comments re 'Have a go Henry'
The quality of my car is that good it was displayed on AK's stand at the National kit car show at Stonleigh alongside the professionally built vehicles.

You clearly can not afford a proper Cobra replica,as you wouldnt have gone down the route you have,

Why spoil a Z3 with that hideous interpretation of a classic icon!

Please don't generalise in your comments.

Rog Shackleton

My brother is fortunate enough to own a real Cobra along with several other real classics so it's quite amusing for you to mention a proper 'Cobra replica', at the end of the day it's still a kit car so why be arsey about other peoples efforts when yours is just a copy as well, you can't afford a real one so what's the difference.
Andy

Just realised I replied to a quote rather than the person (Rog), in my defence I have just polished off a rather nice bottle of red wine :-)

Lucky@LeMans 6th July 2015 19:28

Sounds like rog has a problem ! Who is he trying to impress with his £40k kit car replica Cobra ?

If I had £40k to spend on a kit car I would buy an Ultima or similar. At least it isn't a copy, its an original !

In fact if I had £40 to spend on a car I would rather buy one for £10k and buy a house in France with the change and contemplate life !

lumpy 6th July 2015 20:05

This made me chuckle, Its only worth 40k to him. and its still a replica.

IanA 6th July 2015 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewhurst8888 (Post 68881)
his actual words were
As a member of the UK Cobra Club and owner of a self built AK Cobra worth over 40k. ...

It was called the Cobra Replica Club to start with but has since changed its name to the UK Cobra Club. I wonder if owners of genuine AC/Ford/Shelby Cobra cars object to that or if they even give a monkey's.

You only need to pay a subscription to be a club member so I don't see that as relevant to anything anyway. I did once, and to the AC Owners Club.

Pistonheads has a few Cobra replicas for sale at over £40k- I wonder how many change hands at those prices?

IanA 6th July 2015 22:58

OMG..."Welcome, The Cobra Forum has over 1200 forum members who either own or are building a 427 Cobra Replica, 289 or Daytona Cobras.

The Cobra Forum is dedicated to the AC Cobra Replica Marque, comprising the Shelby Cobra and the 289. The Cobra Forum site has a whole host of great information and a very active forum for members and enthusiasts.

Membership is split between Cobra Replica owners, people who are currently building a cobra and those who are just interested in the cobra marque."

So now there's a Cobra Replica "marque"...

Anyone going to the NATIONAL COBRA WEEKEND DATE 11th 12th JULY in Newark???

wolfie 7th July 2015 06:23

Its people like Rog who put people off building kit cars, what a snotty attitude. I for one think you have done a great build on your car and if my Kobra turns out anything like yours I will be happy. And it looks like you have had a lot of fun in it too.
Wolfie

Danny_HUFC 7th July 2015 06:50

I think Rog is just pissed off that he had to spend £40k+ to still be driving about in a replica and the tribute kits offer a build price of around £5k!

Ive had kit cars. And ive had tribute kits and I know what I prefer!
Driving my kobra is a pleasure as bmw spent a lot of time and money on getting my z3 right!