Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Formosa Builds, Ideas and Discussion (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   TURNKEY FORMOSA's (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6860)

lancelot link 7th September 2018 20:28

TURNKEY FORMOSA's

I have decided to change the way I deal with Turnkey builds.

I will still build and sell completed cars , but third party turnkey builds will no longer be offered in the way they have been.

This is purely a business decision based on the process not being financially viable as it has been offered until now ...

Third party turnkeys will start at £25,000...no exceptions

Lucky@LeMans 7th September 2018 21:15

Probably a very good idea. I did think you were spending a very long time putting that last car together. Is your ebay listing still active, I couldn't find it the other day ?

Alex 7th September 2018 21:16

Good luck mate, hope it all works out well for you :)

molleur 7th September 2018 21:21

Smart move! Turn key cars go backwards very fast.

lancelot link 7th September 2018 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky@LeMans (Post 96691)
Probably a very good idea. I did think you were spending a very long time putting that last car together. Is your ebay listing still active, I couldn't find it the other day ?

Not at the moment ...need to revise it and put it back up ...

Barber 7th September 2018 22:40

You got there, well done(and that is a genuine opinion)

Paul L 8th September 2018 06:43

Gary – Despite our differences over the years, I think my advice to charge more has been consistent.

Based on your Formosa builds so far, it looks like the ‘standard’ car is of a good enough quality for most.

So, if someone really wants a ‘bespoke’ version, then they should pay more than the ‘off the shelf’ price.

Recently, I’ve been doing stupid hours at work, but, thankfully, I do get paid for every one of those hours I do.

Good luck, Paul. :)

lancelot link 8th September 2018 09:22

Alex
Quote:

Good luck mate, hope it all works out well for you
Lucky@LeMans
Quote:

Probably a very good idea. I did think you were spending a very long time putting that last car together
Paul L
Quote:

So, if someone really wants a ‘bespoke’ version, then they should pay more than the ‘off the shelf’ price.

Recently, I’ve been doing stupid hours at work, but, thankfully, I do get paid for every one of those hours I do.

Good luck, Paul. :)

molleur
Quote:

Smart move! Turn key cars go backwards very fast.

Barber
Quote:

You got there, well done(and that is a genuine opinion)
THANK YOU ...

I'm just tired of working for minimum wage to satisfy people wanting a trolley full of groceries for basket money ...

micky1mo 8th September 2018 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancelot link (Post 96715)

THANK YOU ...

I'm just tired of working for minimum wage to satisfy people wanting a trolley full of groceries for basket money ...

Nicely put. :amen:

Good luck with your new approach.

Mister Towed 8th September 2018 18:12

Best of luck Gary, and it's about 'king time you put more value on your time and expertise.

Barber 8th September 2018 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancelot link (Post 96715)

You have the product now. You have made it clear that it is not a "bolt on kit" and prospective buyers still have the choice as to how to proceed. Having a gelcoat finish that is good enough to drive around in is a boon for the car builder brigade. You put the investment into the development and the first few cars have shown there is demand for the product. You may want to put a price on delivering a bare bones road-going version assuming you receive a work free rolling chassis, or is that the turnkey price?

lancelot link 8th September 2018 19:19

Turnkey price is as per Graham's car number 64 Spec ..... £25,000