Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marlin 5exi builds (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Chassis collection (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=515)

alackofspeed 17th February 2006 14:25

Chassis collection

Hi all,

My chassis is due for collection soon. I had planned to use a car trailer, but unfortunately that hasn't worked out, and I'm now going to hire a van.

What I'm wondering, is what size van I'll need to accomodate the chassis.

Cheers,

John.

BIG_Fella 17th February 2006 16:07

I used a VW LT 35 but had to unbolt the rear frame for the exaulst
hope this helps

Big_fella

bigrich 17th February 2006 16:35

Go for teh transit jumbo. You can get the chassis and bodywork in this in one trip.

Rich

18th February 2006 18:48

Chassis collection

Hi my chassis is to ready for collection, I live about 200 miles from marlin, and terry has put me in touch with a chap who delivers. The man has a trailor and charges 95 p per mile I believe. If you contact Terry I am sure she will be able to give you his details.

PS are you anywhere near brighton, as maybe he can do a double.

MikeN 19th February 2006 00:21

sdsmc001

£0.95 a mile. I live 2 hundred miles away from Marlin. It cost me £55.00 for a very very large Iveco thingy, I swear it was bigger than the Titanic (and handled like it) plus about £40.00 in fuel. Mind you spent about 50 quid in Yorkie bars!

Mike :biggrin:

alackofspeed 20th February 2006 12:03

sdsmc001

I am en-route, but I think I'd rather collect the items myself, for piece of mind. A large van shouldn't cost me more than £100 to run to Devon and back, including fuel and additional miles, so delivery also doesn't make financial sense.

It's a shame my plan to borrow a friend's race trailer collapsed, as that would have just cost a few quid in diesel....!

Are you collecting on the 25th? I'm not, as I only heard from Terry on Friday, and already have plans for the coming weekend.

Cheers,

John.

SDMC001 21st February 2006 08:05

Colection

John

I understand your reasons, have to say I did consider going down there but did not relish 400 miles in a day, have done it in the past. I was planning an overnighter so the cost is saved there. I have now been given a deliery date, 2nd March mid PM. Should you wish to reconsider, Terry has my mob number, sure she will pass it on.

Can I ask where you are in the country, maybe handy to have someone who is at the same stage to bounce ideas.

Good luck with the build.

Steve

alackofspeed 21st February 2006 22:49

Steve,

I'm near Wimborne, in Dorset, or at least that's where the car will be built - I am in Bristol during the week, as that is where I work.

I'm building a 5exi-R, how about you?

Cheers,

John.

SDMC001 23rd February 2006 18:59

delivery

Hi john

I am at Seaford, just past brighton. The build I have gone for is the 1600 k series, reasonable distance away from you.

Steve