Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tribute Automotive Builds (http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   250 Build (http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6956)

Hughandjen 10th January 2019 17:46

250 Build
 
5 Attachment(s)
Just starting my 250 build. Base car is a tatty 2.8 Z3
Going to dye the carpets and fit Rover 75 seats
It will be a long build as donít have much spare time

DaveP 11th January 2019 10:52

Good luck with the build.

And welcome

Dave

Hughandjen 11th January 2019 11:15

Thanks Dave

Barber 11th January 2019 16:10

Welcome, all build threads are avidly read on here.

Hughandjen 14th January 2019 13:58

Carpets
 
1 Attachment(s)
Usual Z3 problem. The sponge Under the carpets was wringing wet and carpets were stained and a nasty beige colour. I decided to take them out, power wash them and then try and dye them black. Really pleased with the results.

molleur 14th January 2019 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hughandjen (Post 98590)
Usual Z3 problem. The sponge Under the carpets was wringing wet and carpets were stained and a nasty beige colour. I decided to take them out, power wash them and then try and dye them black. Really pleased with the results.

Excellent results. Keep at it!

Hughandjen 16th January 2019 22:11

Rover 75 seats
 
Hi guys
Iím putting Rover 75 seats in the car and have just losely placed them in, but they are very snug!! The switches for the electrics touch the side of the car!!!
Has anyone hear had a similar problem and if so how did you get round it.
Thanks

Barber 16th January 2019 22:53

I think people fix the controls to the bottom front of the seat with cable ties

Jaguartvr 17th January 2019 08:20

I decided against the Rover seats as they are just too large. I am going with MGB seats fitted to the original bases. Others have fitted later MGF seats and they look very good, both are that much smaller than the Rover seats but the Rover seats have that advantage of cost.

Hughandjen 17th January 2019 08:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barber (Post 98636)
I think people fix the controls to the bottom front of the seat with cable ties

That sounds like a plan
Thanks

Hughandjen 17th January 2019 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaguartvr (Post 98639)
I decided against the Rover seats as they are just too large. I am going with MGB seats fitted to the original bases. Others have fitted later MGF seats and they look very good, both are that much smaller than the Rover seats but the Rover seats have that advantage of cost.

Yes I agree the rover seats look big but I did a £500 car challenge last year 8 countries in 4 days in a rover 75 and it was soooo comfortable. I want to tour the kit car so comfort is a priority
Thanks for the reply though

trev dunn 18th January 2019 16:23

I fitted MX5 seats but had to make up square section bracket that bolted straight to the car floor using the existing fitting for the BMW seats, very comfy with plenty adjustment if your tall. Good luck with the build.
Trev

molleur 18th January 2019 19:38

1 Attachment(s)
I have found these on evilbay. May work a treat with some flat bar to adapt to the Z3 mounts.

Hughandjen 28th January 2019 15:49

Guage pod
 
2 Attachment(s)
Started to cut the dashboard up to fit the pod in today, very happy with the results. Bit of filling then painting the whole lot black.

Hughandjen 28th January 2019 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by molleur (Post 98667)
I have found these on evilbay. May work a treat with some flat bar to adapt to the Z3 mounts.

Those seat look very nice indeed

Hughandjen 28th January 2019 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by trev dunn (Post 98662)
I fitted MX5 seats but had to make up square section bracket that bolted straight to the car floor using the existing fitting for the BMW seats, very comfy with plenty adjustment if your tall. Good luck with the build.
Trev

Thanks Trev
I am going to weld some extra bracket for my rover seats. I am only 5 feet 5 inches and wife is smaller so seat height is ok
Thanks

Hughandjen 28th January 2019 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barber (Post 98636)
I think people fix the controls to the bottom front of the seat with cable ties

Had a good look at the job the other day and have taken all the plastic off the side of the seats where the switches go and am going to reposition the switches on the console behind the handbrake.
Thanks for the reply

Hughandjen 29th January 2019 09:29

Gauges Here
 
1 Attachment(s)
These are a work of art😁

Jaguartvr 29th January 2019 09:37

Have you bought a set of instruments?
If so a detailed step by step guide with a wiring diagram would be a great addition to the site.
I am very tempted to buy a set when funds allow but the wiring frightens me.

Hughandjen 29th January 2019 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaguartvr (Post 98840)
Have you bought a set of instruments?
If so a detailed step by step guide with a wiring diagram would be a great addition to the site.
I am very tempted to buy a set when funds allow but the wiring frightens me.

Yes, just bought the gauges and I will post installation procedure in a few weeks when I get to fit them
Thanks


All times are GMT +0. The time now is 20:30.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright Madabout Kitcars 2014