Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   General chatter (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Kit Car Magazine August Issue (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=744)

Ferg 30th July 2006 10:53

Kit Car Magazine August Issue

Hi All.

Yesterday, largely because I fancied a run out in the Libra and couldn't think of anywhere else to go, I went into the next town to buy a Kitcar magazine.

Now not for any 'magwars' reason my purcahsing has been sporadic of late and based solely on content. I was attracted by 'Which Kit?' for it's article on Filby's Libra, what with me being a bit GTM, y'know!

However, 'twas very thin and the articles seemed a bit sparse too. A Python re-visited article looked like it might be interesting :D, but in the end I was swayed by the size of 'Kitcar'

Now I know 'size doesn't matter' or so I've always been told, but I have to say that I was delighted by the amount of actually interesting, readable stuff in the magazine.

Big up to Den. It's loads better than a few issues I've spent good money on lately and I don't feel cheated like I have with recent purchases of BOTH magazines.

That's all.

kitcarman 31st July 2006 16:25

Thanks Ferg.
The A to Z guide that we’re doing at the moment is pumping the size up and ‘forcing’ the content of each issue to be more varied. Glad you like it!

The August issue (the one you mentioned) had 172 pages, whilst the next one out is to have 188 pages.

The A to Z guide (to be published early 2007) shall have 400 ish pages!

Den.

JG 8th August 2006 21:39

Hey Den, if you need any help just take a look here, LOL

http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/kitc...roduction=true

(I must get round to updating the list :typing: )

John

kartman 10th August 2006 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by JG

(I must get round to updating the list :typing: )

John

Think you might want to delete number 58.......:icon_sad:...I believe they no longer have the Firefly.....

peterux 23rd August 2006 20:44

September Issue

Has anyone else noticed that there are 3 articles in the September issue of Kit Car reprinted from the June issue along with a Marlin Sportster article reprinted from years ago?

I generally enjoy the magazine and look forward to each months issue but felt a bit cheated this month !

Perhaps we can get a discount next month?

lambogenie 24th August 2006 23:03

I didn't notice because I couldn't flick through now the mag is sealed with a plastic wrapper. If I can't see what's in it, I don't buy it! That simple.

kitcarman 25th August 2006 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterux
Has anyone else noticed that there are 3 articles in the September issue of Kit Car reprinted from the June issue along with a Marlin Sportster article reprinted from years ago?

I generally enjoy the magazine and look forward to each months issue but felt a bit cheated this month !

Perhaps we can get a discount next month?

Hi Peterux,
There were 92 pages of editorial in the September issue!

Putting the 18 pages of repeated articles that you’ve mentioned to one side, there are still 74 other pages of editorial in that issue. I think that represents pretty good value.

Having said that, if you are ever disappointed with my product, all you need do is drop me a line and I’ll sort matters out.

Den,

kitcarman 25th August 2006 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by lambogenie
If I can't see what's in it, I don't buy it! That simple.

How do you buy your contraceptives?

kitcarman 25th August 2006 18:52

Quote:

If I can't see what's in it, I don't buy it! That simple.

lambogenie 27th August 2006 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitcarman

In large size only!:whoo:

EddyP 28th August 2006 08:05

I find most of the shops near me dont have kit car mags :(
Interesting thought for you to consider kitcarman, which i saw being done by another mag recently, was you could text your address to a certain number, the number charged you £3 and then they posted you the next issue of the mag, very good idea for people who have carp newsagents in their area IMO.

kitcarman 28th August 2006 13:03

Quote:

In large size only!:whoo:

Well, the baggy look is fashionable these days!

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddyP
…you could text your address to a certain number, the number charged you £3 and then they posted you the next issue of the mag, very good idea for people who have carp newsagents in their area IMO.

Yep Eddy,
Sounds like a very good idea. Any idea how it can be set up?

Den

EddyP 28th August 2006 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitcarman
Well, the baggy look is fashionable these days!

Yep Eddy,
Sounds like a very good idea. Any idea how it can be set up?

Den

afraid not, the mag that was doing it was called "incarnation" it was a car audio based mag, might be worth doing some googling, theres bound to be a marketing company offering it.

vojx 30th August 2006 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by EddyP
I find most of the shops near me dont have kit car mags :(

over here neither. i was in the uk in july, couldn't find any kit mag at any of the shops i went in - leighton buzzard not on the map anymore?? :(

kitcarman 1st September 2006 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by vojx
… couldn't find any kit mag at any of the shops i went in…

Hi Vojx,
It is a problem. You have to know what shops sell them. As the most popular title, Kit Car is available in far more places. Things are improving though. The following was from my distributor about a month ago
Quote:

Originally Posted by COMAG
Hello Den
I am delighted to advise that thanks to Range Development KIT Car has been upgraded from T-I (279 stores) to a T-C(522 stores) listing ongoing (until the next range review).

Onwards and upwards!

All the best
Vicky

Regarding the August issue (the subject of this thread) she advises:-
Quote:

Originally Posted by COMAG
Hello Den
It doesn't close until 5/9/06. But 705 copies were sold at Tesco (60% sell through and a 10% increase issue on issue). 2633 copies sold at WH Smith (7.5% increase issue on issue). TM Retail sold an extra 11% (718 copies total). The increases are good news especially if you consider that the July issue was on sale for an extra week. The copy sales at WH Smith Travel should bring the figure up, but I cannot get EPoS from them, so we will have to wait until 5/9/06 to see the overall result.

Best regards
Vicky

To quote my distributor “Onwards and upwards!”. I’m doing the best I can to get it into every shop!

Den.

Ferg 9th September 2006 18:28

As a further comment on the magazine situation.... I bought Den's competitor the other day. I know, do I never learn??
Anyway, I needed something to read so I did. Well, that is possibly the WORST money I have EVER spent on a magazine. Shocking. In contrast I bought KitCar today in preparation for an 8 hour coach trip with Years 5 and 6 to the Lake District on Monday. I couldn't resist a small peek, but there's just loads in it. Loads.

I promise not to waste my money next month Den!!

kartman 9th September 2006 19:55

You after a free subscription Ferg???? :becky:

Or are you starting the Den Tanner Fan Club??? :humble:

Ferg 9th September 2006 21:00

Just tellin' it like it is Trev!