Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marlin 5exi builds (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   How many turbo 5exi on the road? (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206)

limpabit 23rd February 2005 16:14

How many turbo 5exi on the road?

Has anybody got any idea?

5exi1stTimer 23rd February 2005 22:14

No idea!! I'm starting my turbo in 2 weeks and would love to hear from some turbo owner/buiders but not havin as much positive feedback as i first thought to be honest!! Shame :eusa_wall:

good luck with your build mate!!

andy

tomboysexi 24th February 2005 07:46

Turbo Builders

Andy,

Hopefully by the time you read this you will have seen my email with the video.

I think all us turbo builders have from time to time run into small problems that have slowed our builds. Take my situation. I drove my rolling chassis for the first time 2 days ago.

The power has to be experienced, we are not talking car, we are talking about can I actually control this Rocket! Please understand I am not overestimating the drive

Then the snow came. I am still awaiting my mate to sort out the rest of the wiring, til he has done this I can not put the dash on, or the screen or any body panels.

My mate Marlinturbo had a problem over the hoses. I thought I had them sorted til a trip to crediton and the error of my ways was explained.

This forum has developed over time and is now an invaluable resource to builders. I also believe that Malinturbo's web site has been designed to compliment this forum.

In answer to your question, I have not heard of a finished turbo version, K lumps sure, the turbo does create a number of problems, if you find any and need an answer there is enough of us to point you in the right direction.

Regards to all builders

Trev

RSM 24th February 2005 15:25

Hello

I have with pleasure got involved with Malin and the 5exi. I have years of experience with the rover t16 turbo powerplant and its wiring.

We have at the moment a 380bhp t16 rover 200 bubble.

I have also turboed the k series in our zs and thats pushing 230bhp.

I can be pmd for any questions regarding malin turbo builds.

Glad to see theres gonna be a few.

George

Ex-Biker 24th February 2005 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSM
Hello

I have with pleasure got involved with Malin and the 5exi. I have years of experience with the rover t16 turbo powerplant and its wiring.

We have at the moment a 380bhp t16 rover 200 bubble.

I have also turboed the k series in our zs and thats pushing 230bhp.

I can be pmd for any questions regarding malin turbo builds.

Glad to see theres gonna be a few.

George

Tell us more . . . .

What is your connection?

Have you any info on the best way of getting a little more from a 1600?

As for the original question, I am only aware of one car (private build) that is SVA registered and I believe that to be a 1600.

The Marlin demo car (that was) is the only Turbo car I am aware of that has been completed yet.

Marlin sold the donor parts from the Turbo to someone I believe. Was it MarlinTurbo?

edited to say . .
Just to correct my last statement - make that 2 cars - http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/kitc...ale.php?id=512

Dan 26th February 2005 21:41

opinions removed

5exi1stTimer 27th February 2005 03:48

5exi1stTimer...

I'ts very late (drunk) and i have just read Dan's message and CANNOT beleive what he is saying about George who has been nothing but professional and customer focused and very happy to help ANYONE. I shall be adding more when my ###### head wakes up!!! ....

George (RSM) doesn't deserve such "slander" and PLEASE disregard Dan's comments......

andy

tomboysexi 27th February 2005 08:51

RSM

Hi Everyone,

Just want to bring a bit of sanity here.

I can appreciate that Dan may have very good reason for being upset with RSM and he feels it is his duty to advise us builders to use caution.

While I appreciate his comments untll now I had not heard of RSM, could I suggest that in future when refering to suppliers we use pm's and use a heading such as 'I have a comment'.

No way do I want this forum to become a slanging match and thats how this is likely to go.

I recommend that this be the last posting on the matter!

Regards to all builders.

Trev

5exi1stTimer 27th February 2005 13:23

my apologies for turning this forum "sour".... I was just a little annoyed that ONE mans comments / problems isn't neccassarily a fair reflection of someone else.

hopefully this'll be the last post regarding the matter.

andy

Ex-Biker 27th February 2005 17:17

Re: RSM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomboysexi
Hi Everyone,

Just want to bring a bit of sanity here.

I can appreciate that Dan may have very good reason for being upset with RSM and he feels it is his duty to advise us builders to use caution.

While I appreciate his comments untll now I had not heard of RSM, could I suggest that in future when refering to suppliers we use pm's and use a heading such as 'I have a comment'.

No way do I want this forum to become a slanging match and thats how this is likely to go.

I recommend that this be the last posting on the matter!

Regards to all builders.

Trev

:eusa_clap: Well said Trev :eusa_clap:

I understand Dan may have a problem and I would like to see a future posting letting us know it is sorted, but the gorey details only lead to bit*hing and more issues. :eusa_naughty:

Dan 27th February 2005 17:28

To all.
At the time of posting I was very mad. If I could contact RSM I would do but he will not repond via email or reply to my phone calls or txt messages.
I won't say anymore on the subject.

Ex-Biker 27th February 2005 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan
To all.
At the time of posting I was very mad. If I could contact RSM I would do but he will not repond via email or reply to my phone calls or txt messages.
I won't say anymore on the subject.

Good luck getting the issue sorted Dan.

Remember you can PM RSM.