Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Insurance / agreed valuation (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6169)

mcramsay 12th November 2016 13:00

Insurance / agreed valuation

Been shopping round for insurance as my car will be through IVA in the next 2 weeks and I want to get it registered. Adrian flux quoted 360 for the year and told me it was a great deal, Footman James came in at 216, which sounds pretty reasonable!

What have people set their agreed valuation at? I set it at £20,000 with footman James and they didn't blink an eye... I'm guessing they would want pictures etc of the car though before committing to that. Just wondering what others have set theirs at! There can't be many 16 plate sportsters kicking around!

Jaguartvr 13th November 2016 09:14

I find that Adrian Flux quotes are coming out high. They quoted me £300+ for the z3, I laughed at them, they were using 9 years nab and I pointed out that my SL350 was less than £200. Took them about 30 seconds to get the premium down to £185.
They have just quoted £340 on my 3000GT with was £200 last year, didn't even bother to phone them. I don't like dealing with companies that seem to like to con and rob you.

Patrick 13th November 2016 12:58

Footman wouldn't do agreed value on mine and the price was the same as Adrian Flux who do agreed value so I've just stuck with them.

Mitchelkitman 15th November 2016 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 84225)
Footman wouldn't do agreed value on mine and the price was the same as Adrian Flux who do agreed value so I've just stuck with them.

How quickly does your agreed value get er 'agreed' though? It was over 6 weeks of waiting and several promises for my car (not a Marlin) and eventually I started asking "how many months insurance am I really getting?" and it was sorted because the owner's club official knew a 'name' to contact, otherwise I might still be waiting after 6 months?

Patrick 15th November 2016 18:34

Takes a few days each time, there is a £15 or so fee above the price of the insurance for them to process it. You fill out a form listing the condition of interior, exterior, tyres etc, a new price and the agreed value you'd like. You need to specify mileage and provide photos of: front back, left, right, engine bay (I send 2), interior & odometer.

If you do it quickly enough after renewal the cover never drops to market value.

Mitchelkitman 16th November 2016 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick (Post 84261)
Takes a few days each time, there is a £15 or so fee above the price of the insurance for them to process it. You fill out a form listing the condition of interior, exterior, tyres etc, a new price and the agreed value you'd like. You need to specify mileage and provide photos of: front back, left, right, engine bay (I send 2), interior & odometer.

If you do it quickly enough after renewal the cover never drops to market value.

I provided all the required within 4 days, and still AF took 6 weeks :icon_confused:

Patrick 16th November 2016 09:56

Guess it depends how busy they are ?