Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tribute Automotive Builds (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   new project started (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5736)

andysharrock 8th February 2016 19:52

yep rust check this out its brill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvoFNAHVR9A

should see a big change this week I am off work so full time on the kit took me day and half to fab two new wheel aches now they are dune can move on .

Danny_HUFC 8th February 2016 20:01

At least you wont have to spend hours sanding down. It will all add to the effect

ned 9th February 2016 15:22

Is the colour of the gear knob a clue to the body colour ?

ned 9th February 2016 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by ned (Post 74872)
Is the colour of the gear knob a clue to the body colour ?

sorry just seen the rust paint post

andysharrock 9th February 2016 18:10

running boards made up

5 Attachment(s)
been a good day, back fenders both on and both running boards glassed.
The black gel coat from yesterday is still a little tacky think its because I thinned it with to much acetone but its like tar, pos more hardener next time it is cold. I think for the front wheels I am just going cycle guards on the wheel its self so it turns with it.
back fenders are bolted on and I am going to glass them in and blend the gel coats
Attachment 3214

Attachment 3215

Attachment 3216

Attachment 3217

could be 1932 with this one
Attachment 3218

going to need some more gel coat and a bucket full of filler. starting to think engine mainly changing the gearbox RX8 6 speed me thinks.

Ollie 9th February 2016 20:40

Nooooo.........full fenders on the front.....! Gotta be done......

y cymro 9th February 2016 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by andysharrock (Post 74875)
starting to think engine mainly changing the gearbox RX8 6 speed me thinks.

This chap machines adapter plates to mate any motor you want to a 6 speed Mazda gearbox providing the clutch is less than 320mm dia.
Sorry, I've forgotten his name though have his cellphone number if required.
Email contact is p9cyo@hotmail.co.uk

andysharrock 9th February 2016 21:57

cheers funny enough I saw a link on ebay for this guy thats what got me thinking swap for a 6 speed in the first place around 130quid. I put a Audi tdi engine in my vw splitscreen that cost 350 for the adaptor just to flip the box.

andysharrock 10th February 2016 17:57

working in the sun for a change

3 Attachment(s)
what a difference 100 hours makes an other 100 may even have a seat in but not rushing, been working in the sunshine today but its still bloody cold taking forever for things to harden.
Attachment 3219

Attachment 3220

Attachment 3221

jones 11th February 2016 22:05

What, did you take a day off from the build?

Looking good! All the best

andysharrock 11th February 2016 22:20

ready for a break, back at work next week need the rest, wife dose not like the rust look so may need to come up with a comprise ,what ever I do it will be rustic not shiny

molleur 11th February 2016 23:20

Well then, Zombie Green or Pink! (wink!)

andysharrock 12th February 2016 06:46

zombie green that would be different, I was thinking more chock brown. also thinking of a sign of some sort on the doors old school american barn find type

andysharrock 13th February 2016 17:17

5 Attachment(s)
started to build the front up, rad fitted water works just need plumbing in a visit to the scrap yard coming up . The front grill frame just fell nice with the rad up stands I bonded some thick plastic step edging to the back of it so it could be bolted in place.
Attachment 3226
Attachment 3227
The fan is off a vauxhall corsa spare from are build I did a while ago lot better than the dinky ford one that was on originally.
Attachment 3228
I pulled the grill back so much noway would the bonnet fit so I split it down the middle to reshape it.
Attachment 3229
The seat is VW beetle back fits nice but the base I had to trim down 4 inch planning a wicked recover just way down the to do list. need to build a steel frame to hold an other job for the to do list.
Attachment 3230

andysharrock 14th February 2016 19:42

5 Attachment(s)
I decided not to use the bonnet sides that came with the kit and made my own should look good when they are finished.
Attachment 3233
Attachment 3234
I have used screws that should show through the gel coat as a bump to make it look riveted on, its glassed on from the rear so its not going anywhere.
bonnet was a bit plane so I have cut slots out and made up some fake vents by taking a template off the bonnet sides just need to glass them in.
Attachment 3235
Attachment 3236
[

andysharrock 21st February 2016 20:25

4 Attachment(s)
bonnet lovers fitted
Attachment 3249
Attachment 3250

nothing is drying so I have started working on the brakes
Attachment 3251

and the dash
Attachment 3252

I have sold the gearbox and picked up a RX8 5 speed box just waiting on the adapter plate to arrive, new prop on order so need to spend some time on the sterring

ned 21st February 2016 20:40

did you use Dave Mack for the prop ? he made mine for my Alfa engined classic mini in ally.

andysharrock 21st February 2016 21:07

I used Propshaft Technology Limited in Rotherham they are local to me so it makes things easier. I just walked in with both shafts on Thursday ready for Monday.

oxford1360 22nd February 2016 07:47

Andy, can you explain how you did the top bonnet louvres?

Are they stainless and glassed in?

ned 22nd February 2016 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by andysharrock (Post 75245)
I used Propshaft Technology Limited in Rotherham they are local to me so it makes things easier. I just walked in with both shafts on Thursday ready for Monday.

thats good service ,i like the way the trucks coming along