Madabout Kitcars Forum

Madabout Kitcars Forum (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marlin Sportster, Cabrio, Berlinetta and Roadster builds (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Marlin berlinetta soft top hood and frame for sale (https://madabout-kitcars.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5973)

333444 3rd June 2016 17:27

Marlin berlinetta soft top hood and frame for sale

with mounts brackets and rear connection frame.
I need a door hinge and drivers floor and side windows.
are there measurements in a build manual to get these made?

peterux 5th June 2016 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by 333444 (Post 79890)
with brackets and rear connection frame.
I need a door hinge and drivers floor and side windows.
are there measurements in a build manual to get these made?

I'd have a look at this thread on the marlin owners forum....
http://www.marlinownersclub.com/foru...ta-restoration
The guy made his own hinge on page 3 and has a build manual so maybe able to help.

333444 5th June 2016 17:04

Thanks, I would advertise the free parts on there but it looks like you have to pay £20 to join the forum.

Chris Cussen 6th June 2016 12:27

To be pedantic you have to join the club to gain access to all the forum. Depends what you want, if bi-monthly newsletter, occasional social events etc. then join. If you don't fancy that then don't bother.

peterux 6th June 2016 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by 333444 (Post 79936)
Thanks, I would advertise the free parts on there but it looks like you have to pay £20 to join the forum.

That seems to be a small price to pay for access to the only worldwide authority and knowledge of Marlin Berlinetta cars. :ranger:

333444 6th June 2016 23:10

Well I thought I'd try the marlin section here for free first.
:ohwell:

Mike 7th June 2016 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by 333444 (Post 79993)
Well I thought I'd try the marlin section here for free first.
:ohwell:

I doubt there are many Berlinetta readers on this site..............but could be wrong?
There will be more on the MOC Forum, but not many!

The best place to advertise would be in the MOC's Pitstop magazine.

333444 8th June 2016 09:29

I think if anyone wanted these marlin berlinetta parts they would find them here easy enough or if someone asked on the marlin owners club forum about berlinetta parts some other marlin member would I hope mention this ad.

Mike 10th June 2016 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by 333444 (Post 80046)
I think if anyone wanted these marlin berlinetta parts they would find them here easy enough or if someone asked on the marlin owners club forum about berlinetta parts some other marlin member would I hope mention this ad.
If marlin stuff is on ebay it gets mentioned.
:gossip:

You totally over estimate the IT capabilities of most Marlin owners!

Having been on the MOC committee for a short time it never ceased to amaze me how many members only read Pitstop, and would have nothing to do with Forums on a computer!
To give you an idea, the split was around 65% paper magazine readers only, and 35% who used the forums. However, when we looked at the active members on the forum it dropped below 20%.

You can lead a horse to water............................:boink:

333444 11th June 2016 10:13

Really?
I didn't think it was as bad as all that, although I was surprised to see nobody on there has mentioned my ad on here for FREE marlin berlinetta parts yet.
I still need a door hinge.
I tried the contact us page but got no reply.
Is this considered a rival forum and thats why the ad is ignored?

333444 17th June 2016 20:48

Looks like they are fixing some problems with membership payments ect over at the marlin owners club.
:smash:
I am not the only one not to get a reply from the contact us form.
I'll wait till they get sorted.