View Single Post
Old 21st January 2009, 11:14

p1slick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG View Post
I guess there are various options open to you. Nothing wrong in trying to fix it. Probably the oilways have got gummed up with the oil/water mixture and starved the crank or camshaft (depending on what sort of knocking noise you have). As its a Pinto then you should be able to get another one relatively cheaply and plonk it in to get the car going again. You could then look at fixing the other lump in your leisure if you wanted a spare motor. You could also see it as an opportunity to upgrade the engine to something else as well I guess, Zetec, Duratec etc.

John
hi john thanks for taking the time to reply could you enlighten me on what kind of money i would be looking to spend on a zetec engine and which zetec or duratec engine is the best to go for upto 2k? thanks that would be great if you could let me know i guess the budget option is to get the engine rebuilt had a quote of about 450 to get it stripped and sorted but i would rather go for more power and better engine! i want an engine with better cooling as the current engine use to heat upto 120C which im sure was not right