View Single Post
Old 22nd January 2004, 07:29

Saymur is on a distinguished road
Default Whats your worst kit and why??

It's easy to say what kind of Kit Car floats your boat and why...... Be it a Cobra to a GT40 or even a Seven inspired design but what could be more interesting and of great info are the things you dislike be that the design, the people who have produced the car being unhelpful or something about the car in general that rises the heckles !!!!

This kind of info would be of use to a potential buyer as well as a producer or even a designer!

Personally speaking its hard for me to comment too much as far as building a kit goes as I have never actually done it but I've followed the Kit Car scene for many years (about 15 ) and gone to many shows. I've even got copies of Kit Car International and thats going back some. But if I had a gripe then it would be the amount of Lotus 7 inspired designs there are not to mention Cobras I am not knocking either car I think they are both good but I think the industry is lacking ingenuity, not enough people making something differnet that isnt either copied or dare I say 'safe'. The only car that springs to mind that I would say has ingenuity has to be the 5exi, its different and looks cool 2 major factors that will proove success for a kit design. I'm sure a lot of people will scream 'HEATHEN' and 'INFIDEL' at me but what the héll just my 2 cents worth.
Available from eBay