Thread: Sammio Roadster
View Single Post
Old 24th July 2011, 06:24

Roadster is on a distinguished road

I ventured down to see the progress on the G46 yesterday as it will form the rear half of my car.
The journey down to Horton Heath was longer and more frustrating than i had planned due to large quantities of caravans and boats being trailed around.

When I got there Garry and Mike made the journey worth while.
They are enthusiastic and helpful even though the workshop was overflowing with cars.
A good collection of little Spyders in for various jobs and lurking in the shadows behind them like a predator - the G46.

It isn't really a huge car but its wider and about 14" long so on the road im sure it will grab peoples attention.
Im biased and im really only interested in the back half. The rear section of the G46 is about 5 and a half feet long but i will modify it for the roadster and by the time its bonded in place it will only be 3 feet long.

Its changed a fair bit in its evoloution from foam strips and for the most part I am pleased with the shape. The rear hunches that are the rear arches will give the roadster a purposeful look.

The invaluble part of the visit was talking to Garry and Mike - I have played with cars for many years but there is nothing better than exchanging ideas with two like minded individuals. Some of the ideas are definitly finding their way into the roadster and I can't thank them enough for their time.

So as I left for a quick trip to Beaulieu with the family - the details on the order have been finalised and my next visit will be to collect the (half) shell.

If you are pondering building a Sammio of any kind eg a spyder, a 550 , G46 or even a one off like me and your not sure a visit to the workshop in sunny Poole is a must.