View Single Post
Old 1st August 2011, 14:38
Enthusiast

Mike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Green View Post
After asking the question a few months ago, the MOC has decided to implode.
Two Committee members have resigned/forced out by the Chairman with no consultation with the membership.

I get no pleasure from watching events unfold. The Committee are acting as an autocracy, completely against the published constitution.
Steve

You have been very vocal in your criticism - now do something about it!

Find out the facts, report the committee members individual positions, and then organise a campaign to force an EGM on which everyone can vote for what they believe is right.
I am saddened to see the loss of Sue Roedel as a very good editor. And I do not understand the Chairman's decision to "go it alone", far less whether he is empowered to do so.

My own view, based on previous comments on this very thread, is that the MOC offers nothing to Sportster and 5exi owners, because it has not embraced them. And if it does not improve the website and generate more new members it will sadly die a death by a thousand cuts. We need a new and much improved website, (search by tech tips, easy to attach photos latest comments to the fore, more published tech tips, etc) and this should be as professionally prepared as the club can afford...........look at Marlin's own company website for quality of presentation. In fact, a marriage of Marlin's ability to present professionally via the web, and the MOC membership's warmth and willingness to share information would potentially make for a very good site indeed.