Thread: Scorhill magic
View Single Post
Old 22nd November 2005, 08:29

uliw2004 is on a distinguished road

Hi Scorhill-Fans,

I found this posting just now. In the summer 2004, I bought a Scorhill Magic built in 1977, that was imported to Germany. Until this time, it was only registered in GB. It bases on a Cortina 2.0 OHC. Thinking, that we all are the EU, I expected to get the admittance to drive this car in Germany without any problems. But the technical inspection authority (in Germany called TÜV) needed a complete set of tests, as if the car wasn´t licensed at any time. I had all documents including the test certificate from the department of transport, but they needed their own tests. But the Scorhill was in good conditions and after 14 days, I got the german motor vehicle registration certificate. Some pics of our car you can find here: http://www.dutton-club.de/DC-frameset.html under Galerie, Nr. 22.
During the last winter, I dismantled the rear axle, derusted and colored all parts and replaced the rear brakes with complete new parts. Also the seats were dismantled (the Scorhill was equipped with Cobra seats, but they were very broad and the headrest was damaged by the roll bar). I rebuilded them a little bit smaller and they were padded with black and yellow car-leather. In this winter, I want to replace the dashboard by a self-builded from root-wood an add some instrument. Also the front axle will be restored and all rubber bushes will be replaced by Polyurethane-bushes from Deflex. Also the engine will be cleaned and tuned up. I hope, that we will have finished the work next spring and can drive our car with fine weather.
If anyone needs informations about repairing and other documents, I would send it on a CD, but the most documents are in german.

@markbaker
I´m very interested in pictures of other Magics and would be very happy, if you would send me some by email.

Now I´ll go into my garage, to get some dirty fingers by my Scorhill Magic.

Greetings from Germany

Uli