Thread: Spitfires ?
View Single Post
Old 22nd December 2011, 17:53

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
Having had a look on the How Many Left? website, I have roughly found the following:
Herald's taxed on the road 2643, Heralds SORN 1359, Total 4002
Vitesse's taxed on the road 1434, Vitesse's SORN 606, Total 2040
Combined total 6042

Spitfire's Taxed on the road 4006, Spitfires SORN 3153, Total 7159
GT6's taxed on the road 888 GT6'S SORN 559, Total 1447
Combined total 8,606

So by extending the model range to cover the Spitfire/GT6 chassis as a basis for more Sammio's Gary will have a potential donor pool of vehicles in the order of 14,648 vehicles!

Good business decision in my opinion.
Great website, hours of fun for any petrolhead!

I ran an old favourite through and now feel rather sad though: the Fiat 128-3p Berlinetta that I owned and loved in the early eighties now sports just five licenced and six SORN.

For those of you who've never seen one, it was a little front drive sports hatch with a high rev 1300 ohc motor. It was also the first ever production car to sport passive rear wheel steering, which FIAT patented and then sold on to Peugeot, who used it in the 306. The handling was pin sharp and I enjoyed throwing it around the mountain roads for about two years while I lived up in the highlands of Scotland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuOeQZJjDNA

With fond memories of my first one I bought a 'restoration project' in the late nineties, only to find it was too badly rusted to save. So, to my eternal shame, it was sold on to a banger racer...