Thread: Spitfires ?
View Single Post
Old 22nd December 2011, 18:18

Roybo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Towed View Post
Great website, hours of fun for any petrolhead!

I ran an old favourite through and now feel rather sad though: the Fiat 128-3p Berlinetta that I owned and loved in the early eighties now sports just five licenced and six SORN.

For those of you who've never seen one, it was a little front drive sports hatch with a high rev 1300 ohc motor. It was also the first ever production car to sport passive rear wheel steering, which FIAT patented and then sold on to Peugeot, who used it in the 306. The handling was pin sharp and I enjoyed throwing it around the mountain roads for about two years while I lived up in the highlands of Scotland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuOeQZJjDNA

With fond memories of my first one I bought a 'restoration project' in the late nineties, only to find it was too badly rusted to save. So, to my eternal shame, it was sold on to a banger racer...
a friend of mine had one as his first car hand me down from a parent,wow what a car he did everything he could to it,until the body work let it down,totally underestimated by everyone including the insurance companies at the time,i suppose they compared it to the 124 (later fso/lada)
the days when cars were different,and cars had a company 'character' had a 131 meself