Thread: Dual 7" Servo
View Single Post
Old 13th January 2012, 13:46
Enthusiast

cabrioman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKE
Simon Gregory fitted one from an XR4i and said it is good. Peter Morris fitted one from a 1.8 LX Sierra one and said it was good too! The smaller the diameter, the better the brake pressure will be: the down side being more pedal travel for the same effect.

The situation with the Ford master cylinder is even worse than you imply. There are also two very different flange sizes and hole centres! I beleive the better one to get is Lucas Girling, and not the Bendix one. The adaptor plate has been supplied with an etched 70mm pcd for the smaller flanged BMC, with holes at 70mm centres (Lucas Girling? - please check first though).
I have seen ones like I chose advertised for Transit Vans. John Tootle (Cabrioman) was going to investigate this - don't know how far he got.
As Mike has said I decided to swap my Hunter M/Cyl with remote reservoir back to a standard Sierra M/Cyl with the reservoir mounted on the cylinder as per Mikes. Fortunatly I had one in the garage as a spare from my original Cabrio donor Sierra, a 1992 Sierra 2.0 LX. The only marks on the cylinder are a stamp stating "22" which I understand is the bore size in mm. This is the same cylinder Pete Morris had fitted to his car, again taken from a standard Sierra.

I would think an enquiry at a local motor factors would turn up the correct cylinder (I am prety certain mine is a girling), the difficuly maybe the reservoir. That said although I have not tried it the cylinder I have with the directly mounted reservoir looks like it would take the pipe outlets Marlin used for the remote setup, so that may be a possibility.

John

Mike

I have sent you a PM regards my servo kit.

John