Thread: Dual 7" Servo
View Single Post
Old 1st February 2012, 21:08

Grey V8 Pete is on a distinguished road
Default Installation Update

Despite a whole succession of unscheduled events lately that have impinged on this project I have finally fitted the dual servo unit, and very smart it looks too! For anyone else who also has the older (straight) pedal box I can confirm that the packing washers are still required to offset the servo inwards. There is approximately 6mm total pack on each of the two outer studs. This still provides minimal clearance with the bonnet side panel junction which will need a bit of careful fettling to make it all clear. I have made a neat seal around the pedal box-to-bulkhead using black silicone sealant. I finally tracked this down at Screwfix (Cat No 90574). I have also made up a cover plate for the two access holes under the pedal box as none existed before and would have let engine bay fumes into the interior :-(

I have noticed that as there are two diaphragms (and presumably two separate in-line push rods) there is more pedal travel before the front actuating plunger starts to move, compared with the old Metro one. I have also made a new bracket to raise my remote fluid reservoir another 12mm higher to retain sufficient head above the front piston.
Peter.