Thread: My Sportster
View Single Post
Old 27th February 2012, 11:00

denniswpearce is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys but pics are deceiving, outside now looks nice apart from some painting to top wishbones struts etc, orginally looked like a mobile advertising hoarding, had a job to see the paintwork.
It was also plastered with stick on grille's and plastic chrome strips, c/b radio plus lofty aerial. The previous owners other cars ( Kahn Range Rover, Nissan Skyline and others) were similarly plastered, talk about hideous. He might have had some nice cars but he lacked class and it showed on his cars.
The one thing you can say about all the Sportster owners on here is that they make their cars look so stylish, they ooze class.

Tyres are 225 / 40 ZR 18, so are a bit bigger than the norm for a Sportster. Hence the different fixing for the Mud guards to the wing stays ( idea stolen from Robin's sportster ).
No, I do not intend to fit the Marlin running plates, the existing chrome bars look good as they are. I know they inform the public what car it is but there are a couple of places ( the number plates ) where its make is written down and the Marlin sign on the rear, so interested observers should spot it.
As mentioned above the interior has much work to do on it before I am happy.
But I should be at Stoneleigh like most others, to meet and thank them all.
So don't be disappointed when you see it as there are many flaws still to rectify.