View Single Post
Old 18th March 2012, 15:42

dino_gt is on a distinguished road

Hi Ian;

I´m afraid I can´t go the complete 206 way, because I think it would be impossible. First thing would be the "spinner type" wheels, which i´m not using. I´m using 16" cromodoras with the modern 246 hub caps.

There are as well other differences such as the head-rests, etc. The car is going to look as a mixture of modern components in an "old 206", but regarding the bodyshell, I wanted it to be as the 206 and L-series of the 246 are, and not introducing the modifications of later 246.

The modifications are going to affect the items used to finish the car: steering wheel, wheels, etc. I´ll post some pics when it´s ready for that.
Also, being a replica, we don´t have to worry about winning any concourse, do we?

What is really interesting to me about the 206 is that it was an all aluminum car, really light, and rare, as there were only a few produced, but the 246 probably looks better.

I´m using an alfa 3.0 V6. I agree that the engine has to be a V6, absolutely. I also was worried about the performance and handling of the car so we have worked really a lot on that: suspension geometry, etc.

Lately we´ve been really into the bodyshell and on the doors. At the moment we´re working with the door frames and the opening system. The frame is basically the one used in the deons, but trying that it leaves only a small gap with the bodyshell (3-4mm).

We´ve also modified the rear quarter window to make it the correct size and put a rain gutter close to the one fitted to the original car.
Really hard work!

Cheers
Dino_GT