Thread: G46 V8 Mk1
View Single Post
Old 28th March 2012, 10:50

Charman.tech is on a distinguished road
Default Wca

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldClassAccident View Post
Looks like I need to get a spurt on to catch up! Just wondering about the gear box on yours, will you need to reach through the dash to change gear or has sticking the V8 so far back moved the 'box back far enough?

Looks great so far. I think the round arches make a huge difference. The flat tops were distinctive but rounded is more pleasing on the eye.

What are you doing about electrics, have you managed to reuse what was there?

I need a new loom so was thinking of getting one of these : http://rapidfitlooms.co.uk/modular-deluxe.htm
Yep the engine and gear box is much longer and the gear stick should just fall to hand, may need slight bending of the stick but no remote extensions although I do have one if needed.

With the electrics we will have a complete loom made, in my case not dissimilar to to a standard Cobra Kit car range. I seem to recall the the old Scimitar was a nightmare with earthing etc and the loom is huge which reflects the amount of earth wires they ran. I would imaging it would be easier to have a new loom in yours rather than pick apart the existing one?

Don't worry I am not miles ahead just some rapid progress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!