Thread: Stoneleigh ?
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2012, 15:52

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

I don't particularly want to get into this whole G46 styling debate being a confirmed Spyderholic myself, but I personally think the real problem is the lack of a finished demonstrator or customer car to drool over.

From an objective standpoint the G46 and Cordite 'in the rough' as they both are at the moment just don't have the visual or visceral impact that good 'ol '66 had on Gary's stand and on his website. Once there's a finished article that you can stare at, photograph, sit in etc, it'll be much easier to visualise yourself finishing and driving one for real.

As for the presence of a larger car, the original Sammio Spyder has presence in spades - I had a short passenger ride in Phil J's finished Triumph 2500 powered example on a sunny Sunday and dozens of bikers on their way to the beach were craning their necks and wobbling all over the place trying to get a better look. You've also got to remember that apart from the big Le Mans cars like the SLR, most racing cars (and racing drivers) were pretty small in the fifties.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide to do but don't give up on the idea of a Sammio as you won't find a better value package anywhere.

Right, I'll get off the soap box now.

Next..