View Single Post
Old 10th September 2012, 19:35

WorldClassAccident is on a distinguished road

Wheel nicely centred witht he shell tacked in place

The old wheel arches fit nicely against the new ones, Even better fit when persuaded into position

Wiring tidied a bit ready for hiding behind the trim. Gear stick and handbrake likewise. Seat is probably not going to make it into production.

Well, some of the wiring has been tidied. Dashboard also unlikely to make production.

More tidied wire and the main earth and live points on the loom.

Re-sited header tank with flexi connectors. It is still technically above the radiator.

Re-sited brake servo. Shelf will be bonded to the wood bulkhead when I fit that for further re-enforcement although it seem remarkably solid as it is.

The front loom might need a bit more work but that is a working headlight, side light with main beam, two indicators and a horn!

The narrow boot opening means I will be lining it with 4mm ply. The cardboard is a temporary template to be refined when I get my delayed metal sills.

This will be the front boot area and be behind a hinged wooded bulk head (I think) or possibly the seat backs

This is the view that will be blocked by a second bulk head fitted to connect the (cardboard) boot floor to the top of the shell where there is a bit of wood already bonded into place

This, sort of, shows the gap between the inside shell of the Scimitar (green) and the new outer shell of the G46. I need to think about how I bond the two together so I don't allow muck from the outside to get flicked in between the inner and outer shell.

A view under the bonnet to show that the water bottle no longer hits the bonnet

The alternator is also okay

and the brake servo is fine and dandy

View from the back

Pondering seat heights. Does this look too high or is it okay?

Those photos were with me sat on a kids booster seat that sat mostly in the dip of the rear foot well. I reckon I could probably mount the Land Rover seats about the same height. If I need to be lower I could cut away the raised area that used to be under the front seats.

Views about the seating height welcome. Comments about how handsome I look welcome. Piss takes and other comments are tolerated. ;-)